Chapter 2

Six year old Catina stared blankly at the flowers in front of her. She was lost in thought, more specifically, she was recalling memories. Catina toyed with the flowers hoping that it would relieve some of the stress she was feeling but it was no use.

Awful memories assaulted her, making her feel weak and vulnerable. She thought about talking about it with her father, but she didn't know what she would say. How would she explain? How could she be having dreams of another person? Dreams that were often vague and useless.

She vaguely recalled the faces of the people who showed up in her dreams, but she didn't remember what they looked like or anything else about them.

It was more like she vaguely remembered something that happened and the feelings that came with the event. Needless to say, her dreams often came with feelings of immense sadness and loneliness. Such memories made Catina curious about what could have happened to make that person sad, but when she truly thought about it, she realized that it was probably for the best that she didn't know.

Just as Catina was getting lost in thought, an energetic voice called out to her.

"So this is where you were!"

Placing a hand over her fiercely beating heart, Catina looked up at her older twin sister.

"If you were going to run off and play, you should have invited me!" Catrina said indignantly.

"Sorry Catrina, I thought you would get bored just staring at flowers." Catina reply gently, hoping to placate her older sister.

"Well your not wrong, but it's my duty as your older sister to accompany you when your in a bad mood." Catrina said, puffing out her chest.

For a moment Catina was speechless, she hadn't realized that Catrina knew she was in a bad mood. Maybe that was why it was harder than usual to get away from her. Because they were twins, they did everything together, but ever since these memories began plaguing Catina, she was overwhelmed with this feeling of wanting to be alone.

"You're only older by a few minutes Catrina." Catina gently reminded.

"That doesn't change the fact that I'm older." Catrina boasted. "And why are you calling me Catrina? Didn't we agree on nicknames?"

When they were born, their mother hadn't known it was more than one child, so due to their parents lack of creativity, they were given similar sounding names. Catrina's name was already planned in case a girl was born, while Catina's name was made up on the spot. Because it was confusing they decided to call each other by their nicknames.

"Sorry Rina." Catina apologized.

"Hmp! As long as you don't forget Tina." Catrina replied arrogantly, her bright smile betraying her arrogant tone of voice. "We should head back before father comes looking for us."

"We probably should." Catina concurred.

Stretching her hand forward Catrina grabbed onto Catina's hand and lightly pulled, tugging her up. Keeping Catina's hand in her hold, Catrina walked towards the house, leaving Catina to walk behind her in silence.