Chapter 22

Catina opened her eyes and shot up in a panic as a loud shriek sounded from the other side of the bed. As soon as she turned her head, the first thing she noticed was red.

The entire right side of the bed was covered in red strands of hair. The dark red colour contrasted ominously against their turquoise sheets.

"My hair!" Catrina cried as she clutched a few strands of hair. Her previous waist long hair now barely hung past her shoulders.

Catina's hand instantly flew to her own hair, which was thankfully still all there.

"Greyson did this!" Catrina raged. "I know he did!"

Catina opened and closed her mouth but she could not speak, she was stunned. She could only stare stupidly at Catrina and the strands of red hair that surrounded her.

Catina continued staring as Catrina fumbled off the bed, almost tripping on her long night gown in her haste.

"Look!" Catrina shouted as she pointed to something that Catina couldn't see from her side of the bed, "Proof that he did it!"

Following her lead, Catina climbed down the bed and hurriedly walked over to see what she was pointing at.

On the floor laid a few strands of red hair that was impaired but what was clearly Greyson's birthday sword. Both the blade and the handle had been badly burned by Catrina's fire, so it was easy to recognize.

"When I find him..." Catrina growled lowly as whips of flames began emerging from the top of her head.

"Rina..." Catina whispered as she finally found her voice. Before she could say another word, Catrina rushed out the bedroom door.

"Wait!" Catina yelled as she chased after her. "Do you even know where you're going!?"

"He's in the dining room! I can sense his aura." Catrina yelled back as she rounded the corner.

Catina vaguely wondered if the loss of her hair had driven her sister crazy. What did she mean by saying she could sense his aura?

Catina had no time to ponder on her sister's words as she was too busy trying to catch up to her.

Catina entered the dining room just in time to see Catrina lunge at Greyson.

It seemed as if he was prepared for her attack because as soon as she lunged at him, he opened his arms and caught her, which caused both of them to go tumbling to the floor.

Catina's mother, followed by her uncle rushed into the room the instant the two started fighting. Catina could vaguely hear her mother shouting for them to stop.

"Call the guards." Gabriel said to one of the maids who promptly followed his orders.

"What?! What if those guards accidentally hurt them?" Amelia cried out.

"It's either that or we let them continue to fight." said Gabriel.

Amelia sighed but didn't argue further.

By the time the guards arrived, both Catrina and Greyson appeared fairly tired, so it was fairly easy to separate them.

Amelia looked as if she had a thousand words to say as Catrina and Greyson stood in front of her, but instead of scolding them, she simply sent them to visit the estate's doctor.

As Catrina passed by Catina couldn't help but stare at them. They both looked like they had lost a fight. Catrina's lip looked like it was slightly busted while Greyson has a few bruises around one of his eyes.

Catina turned to follow them out but she was stopped by her uncle.

"Stay," Said Gabriel. "We need you to tell us what happened."

"It'll also be good to give them some time alone to make peace." Amelia said gently.

Catina nodded slowly and then began telling her mother what happened.

Hi! This might be the last chapter for this arc, I'm not completly sure. There are going to be a few side stories that take place from other perspectives though. The next arc will feature a bunch of new characters! I'm still on the fence about how I want the prince to look. I have an image in my head, but I feel like he looks a bit...erie lol. I'm not talking about his features, but more so about his colour combinations, like the colour of his hair, eyes and such. 

Also, sorry if this chapter appeared a bit...lacking. I'm not very good at writing fight scenes.