Chapter 14

Catina and her sister stood next to their mother as she introduced them to their cousin.

He had short, choppy black hair. Just like them, he also had light green eyes and freckles across the bridge of his nose. Contrary to his cute appearance, he gave off a serious yet quiet feeling.

With promoting from his mother, Penelope, he took a small step forward and raised his fist to his chest as he gave a shallow bow, "My name is Greyson Wright, it's nice to meet you. "

After receiving such a formal greeting, Catina was feeling slightly nervous. As she was younger than Catrina she was obligated to introduce herself before Catrina did. She thought that since they were family it would be fine to introduce herself casually, but now she was unsure. She didn't want to leave a bad impression on her cousin or aunt, so she decided that she would also introduce herself formally.

Grabbing the hem of her skirt, she lifted it up slightly as she dipped into a shallow formal bow and said, "I'm Catina Veltina." She paused and took in a slight nervous breath before continuing, "I hope we get along well."

Greyson didn't comment and simply nodded his head instead.

Catrina stood confidently as she stretched out her hand and gave him a firm handshake. With a mischievous smile, instead of introducing herself she said, "I hope you're ready for some fun little cousin."

Even though Catina knew her sister could be very bold, she didn't think that she would completely disregard their greetings. Wasn't she afraid of making a bad impression?

Unconsciously, Greyson furrowed his brows before replying dazedly, "Ah..yes."

Amelia laughed awkwardly as she stared at their exchange, "I hope you don't mind, Catrina can be very forward at times."

With her deep blue eyes still focused on them, Penelope replied, "Not at all. It would be best if they could get along without the need for formality."

"You're right." Amelia said happily, "We're family, there's no need to be distant with each other."

Hearing their conversation, Catina could finally sigh in relief. 

Glancing at Catina, Catrina smirked, "What's wrong with you? You look a little pale."

"Wah?!" Catina exclaimed as her eyes widened. "There's nothing wrong with me."

"Is that so?" Catrina said teasingly. "And here I thought the nerves were finally getting to you."

Catina flushed in embarrassment.

 Catrina had always been good at reading Catina. Catina didn't really mind, but she really wished that her sister wouldn't use it to tease her, especially when they were in the presence of so many people.

With the teasing smile still on her face, Catrina turned to Greyson and said, "Catina can be so shy at times. Isn't it adorable?"

"Ah?" Greyson blinked several times in confusion. Unsure of how to reply, he turned to his mother, only to be met with raised eyebrows. 

Left to deal with the problem by himself, Greyson turned back to Catrina and hesitated before stiffly replying, "I suppose."

With a squeak Catina abandoned all her pride as she turned and ran away. She was so embarrassed that she didn't know what to do with herself.

Laughing slightly, Catrina grabbed Greyson's hand and said, "We have to go after her! If we don't she's going to find a place to hide and won't come out until dinner."

Without waiting for his reply, Catrina took off running after Catina dragging Greyson behind her.