chapter fourteen ( trouble in paradise pt2 )

Nyla

It's been a few weeks since I'd spoken to Chris, but I still needed head clearing time. I missed him of course, but I still felt as though I wasn't ready for a whole relationship. I couldn't call him, due to the fact that it's hard being "just friends" with somebody you have gained feelings for.

I knocked on Milah's door, just needing to talk for a little bit.

"You okay?" She asked, not knowing everything that had happened between me and Chris.

"Yeah just need advice."

"Come in." I walked in her room as she pulled the door open further.

I plopped down on her bed and sighed upon speaking.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." I told her.

"Yay! That's what you wanted.. right?"

"I thought so, but I turned him down." I admitted, feeling sad over again. Don't get me wrong, I like Chris and want to one day be his girlfriend, but I just didn't want to mess things up, still holding on to my past.

"Are you crazy? From the things you tell me, Chris is every girl's dream. He's nice, funny, charming and lets not forget he's chocolate." Her facial expression was one that read you stupid bitch.

"Look, I know, and I was just saying no for now."

"A man waits for no one. You should figure this out, before he moves on." She was right, but I didn't want to hear that.

"Thank you, Milah." I got up and walked back to my room, not ready to face reality.

After taking a little nap, I reached for my phone noticing a bunch of texts from Chris.

I smiled, but didn't reply

I smiled, but didn't reply. I still wasn't ready to talk to or see him.

I picked up the piece of paper with the number on it, finally deciding I'd call to find out who this "old friend of mine" was.

"Hello?" I spoke, not really knowing who it was I was calling.

"Nyla, don't hang up... it's Lucas." I felt the chills I always get upon hearing his name.

"Look I told you, I didn't want to talk to you anymore." I said.

"I know what you said, but you haven't even heard me out."

"I'm fine, tell your parents I said hi." I said about to hang up, until he blurted ..

"They're dead Nyla!"

________________________

Lucas

"They're dead Nyla!" I finally admitted to her.