chapter sixteen

I see I've been talking more about Chris and Nyla, than Shawn and Jazz 🤦🏾‍♀️ So I had to give them their own chapter 😬
____________________________________

Shawn

I couldn't even grasp my thoughts after what she just said. Pregnant? This shit was crazy. I don't even remember slipping up and I definitely don't think I'm ready for a baby, right now. It was all hitting the fan so fast. Afterall, we had only been seeing each other for a little minute and to hear she was pregnant, by me, was a little too much.

"Pregnant? By who?" I pretended not to know, but even me sitting here acting dumb wouldn't change the fact that the thing she had in her, was definitely mine.

"Are you serious right now?" She asked on the verge of tears. I knew I was wrong for that shit, but my mind was going crazy and I needed to smoke.

"Shit, you never know now a days, y'all get around."

"Wow, that's my cue." She walked towards the door. I didn't bother stopping her because I needed time to think about this. At the moment I hardly cared that I had hurt her feelings, cause I had to think about myself. We were 19, fresh in college and a baby would just fuck that shit all up. I needed somebody to talk to about this shit other than her, cause I honestly don't know if it's worth keeping. It's bad timing.

Fuck.

______________________________

Jazz

I was shocked. After the way things were going with Shawn, I expected him to be a least a little happy. I wasn't in this alone, and I definitely didn't make this baby by myself.

Asking me who I was pregnant by was a low blow. I wasn't the type to sleep around, Shawn being only the second, was what really pissed me off. I thought he cared about me. Looks like that's out the window. I was starting to regret even fucking with him in the first place. It was bad enough that I partially ruined my friendship with Milah for his trifflin ass.

Milah.... She's who I wanted to run to the most at the moment. How do you even tell your best friend that you're pregnant by her ex? Her first love at that. This was all a big mistake.

As I was on the way home, I thought about all the options I had. I could either toughen up and be a single mother and take care of it myself, have an abortion and end it all, or put the baby up for adoption once it got in the world.

School... fuck! Would I have to drop out? It's hard enough trying to find time to study, but a baby would take that time away from me... I didn't want to disappoint my parents, and I damn sure wasn't ready to grow up, this much. I'd heard so many stories about young mothers struggling to even feed their babies. I didn't want to end up there. This was all too much for me, and not having the support from who I'd laid down with to even create this, was hard for me.

I knocked on the door, and was surprised to see Nyla. I hadn't been here in a while, and when I was here, she was always with Chris.

"Wow, look what the cat drug in." Sarcasm took over in her voice and I couldn't do anything but roll my eyes. After finding out about me and Shawn, she was a little different towards me. But if Milah wasn't sweating it, did it even matter to me how she felt?

"Is Milah here?" I asked not wanting to be bothered by her slick remarks.

"Where else would she be?" Walking off to her room, I didn't even bother to respond to her, I needed my friend.

Nervousness took over my body as I opened up Milah's bedroom door.

"Good to see you." She said peeking up from her phone to look at me.

"Got time to talk?" I put my head down and swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my throat.

"Everything okay?" She asked clearing space for me to get in her bed. I didn't mind laying under the covers with her because I once considered her a sister.

"I'm pregnant." I said now with a face full of tears.

"Shawn?" She asked. I knew this was hard to see for her, but who else could I talk to about this.

"Yeah...." I said a little above a whisper.

"Wow.." Was all she could say.

____________________

Milah

At first, I wasn't too bothered about the Jazmine and Shawn situation, but her sitting here telling me that she was pregnant by him, changed everything. I wasn't still in love with him, but that didn't change the fact that he once told me that I would be the one to have his children. I was supposed to be the one he was with, not her.

"How could you be so stupid?" I finally mustard up to say. "I mean it was one thing to go behind my back and see him, but a baby?" I felt my temperature rising. I couldn't stand to look at her right now.

"Milah, please, just listen." She pleaded. I knew she needed someone in her corner, but I wouldn't be that person. After all, this is the same bitch who betrayed me in the first place. There I was dumb, and willing to be her friend again. She was no friend. She was a clone trying to live my life.

"Listen to what? You cry about how YOU decided to open your legs to what belonged to me?"

"Matter of fact, don't even answer that, just exit my room." I pointed at the door.

She walked out with her shoulders drooped and her head was no longer held high. I felt a new hate for her.

She deserved whatever was coming her way.