chapter fifteen

(Chris's Dad )

Chris

It's been 2 weeks since I saw Nyla hugging someone else in the car. I didn't even bother asking her who she'd met already in the little time that we weren't speaking. I gave her the flowers, and bounced. This explains why she turned me down in the first place. I decided to call my dad and talk to him about the situation.

"Hello?" He answered.
"Mannnn..."
"Oh Lord, I know y'all youngens say that when y'all stressed, so what's the problem?" He laughed into the phone.
"Nyla, I don't know what to do about that girl." Placing my hand on my forehead I sighed.
"What happened? Did you get the chance to speak to her?"
"No, when I went to do so, I saw her hugging another nig- I mean boy, in his car." I felt myself getting angry all over again.
"Did you ask her who it was son?"
"No, but I can tell by the way she was hugging him that it wasn't "just a friend." I did air quotes as if he could actually see me.
"Jumping conclusions can always ruin a relationship."
"You're right, but still.."
"Still what? You need to call the girl or go by and talk to her and find out what really is going on."
"I guess so. But Dad, I gotta go."

After hanging up the phone I decided maybe it was time to give Nyla a visit, this time actually listening to what it is she had to say.

_______________________

Nyla

There was a knock on the door, but no one was expecting a visit.

I twisted the door knob, revealing the person I'd been avoiding.

"Hey Chris, come in." Nervousness took over my body. How do I explain to him, that hug was with the ex I had JUST opened up to him about raping me?

"Let's get straight to it." He sighed looking at me. "You moved on already?"

"No, Chris, I haven't. Just because you saw a hug doesn't mean anything." I put my head down. How do I explain the lunch date?

"Then what was that shit about?" Watching his face turn from calm to a little mad, made me feel even worse about telling him than I already did.

"Okay, that was Lucas." I admitted.

"Lucas? As in rapist Lucas? As in the one you were telling me you needed to get over?"

"That's the one." Dropping my head, no longer able to look at him, I waited for his response.

After a minute of silence he finally spoke. "Are you stupid Nyla? You sit in a car with the same nigga who hurt you? Same nigga that fucked your sister behind yo back? Same one that's pushing you away from me? You can't be serious. What you was doing in his car?" He snapped.

"He took me out for lunch. But I swe-."

He cut my sentence short "LUNCH?! YOU WENT OUT IN PUBLIC WITH THIS NIGGA TO?!" I flinched at the sound of him raising his voice at me. I had never seen Chris mad before, so I didn't know how to react.

"I can explain."

"I'm listening." He rolled his eyes, looking to become more and more irritated with me by the second.

"His parents died, and he needed somebody. He had nobody else to call on."

Deep down, I knew it was wrong for me to avoid Chris, and be a shoulder for Lucas, but what was I supposed to do?

"Wow. I sure as hell didn't call my ex when my mom died." He started to head towards the door.

"Please Chris, don't leave... I love you!"

_______________________________

*Jazmine*

I stared at the First Response in my hand and trembled reading "Positive."

Pregnant...

After feeling sick all week, throwing up, sleeping all day, I just knew something was wrong so I went to purchase a pregnancy test just in case. I never would have expected it to be positive.

I was scared. How do I tell Shawn that we had a little one on the way? How do I tell Milah that I not only took her ex from her, but now I was pregnant by him? How was I supposed to finish college with a little person coming? Afterall, this was just our freshman year.

Fuck.

"Baby? You in there?" Shawn knocked on the bathroom door, making me flinch. I had took the test while he was at the mall getting some shoes.

"Be out in a second." I got up, and wrapped the test in some tissue, before putting it in the garbage. I wasn't ready to tell him just yet.

I walked out the bathroom, not giving Shawn eye contact.

"You good?" He questioned me, walking over to where I was standing.

"Y-yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, let me just sit down."

He scooted over on the bed, allowing me space to sit.

"What's the matter? You don't seem fine. You never come in here with me and not say nothing. You won't even look at me Jazz." He said picking my face up with his index finger and turning it in his direction.

"I'm pregnant."