chapter fourty-six (little one)

*4 months later*

"Baby, please slow down, I can't walk as fast as I used to." Layla tried her best keeping up with Lucas's pace, but the baby was slowing her down.

Yeah, that's right

Yeah, that's right. Under twenty-one and on her second child. She wasn't surprised though, after Lucas proposed, the two were fucking like rabbits.

"I'm sorry baby, I forgot." Lucas ran back to her, helping her walk on his shoulder. Her feet were swollen and her back was killing her. She hoped for a girl, but Lucas on the other hand wanted another boy.

"Daddy's son in there slowing mommy down?" He spoke on the way inside the doctors office. Today was the day they decided to find out the gender.

"Good morning, Ms. Layla, you're getting big." The doctor said cheerfully as the couple stepped into her office.

"Please don't remind me."

___________________________

"Ugh! Shut up!" Layla groaned as Lucas continued bragging about his "growing football team." They were having another boy, and as bad as Layla wanted a daughter, now all she could wish for was a healthy baby.

"It's okay, look on the bright side. Nobody gotta fight off them little knuckle headed boys I know she'd run in to." Lucas chuckled, "cause she'd have her mommy's looks."

"Oooh Zaxby's, please please please stop!!" Layla looked over at Lucas.

"Lose the attitude, and maybe I will."

"Okay, I'm not mad, please just get me some chicken tenders." She faked smiled, which quickly turned into a frown when she saw Lucas was passing the restaurant.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She said as tears streamed down her face. "You don't give a fuck about nobody but yourself!"

"Calm down baby. Stop crying, I was just playing." He did a quick U-turn. Her pregnancy hormones were getting the best of her, and he didn't want to upset her or the baby.

"Some shit you just don't do. Playing or not." She barked.

"Yeah, let me hurry up and get this food, you trippin Ma." He reached his hand onto her thigh, pulling it back when she slapped his hand so hard it started stinging.

_________________________________
"Leonardo, you slept the whole time, but I got some news buddy." Lucas spoke to his son, who just looked at him with wide eyes.

"Come on, you not gone ask daddy what it is?" He continued playing around with Leo, making him giggle as he tickled his side.

"You bout to be a big brother! Crazy right!"

Lucas picked up one of Leonardo's feet, stuffing it into his mouth. "And that's not even the craziest part." He continued speaking. "It's a boy!" He shouted.

Chuckling at the facial expression Leo made, Lucas quickly removed his clothes for bath time.

________________________________

"All I know is, one of y'all better play football, and the other playing basketball, or y'all can both play both, shit i don't care, just don't be on no soft shit." Lucas spoke to Leonardo who was splashing in his baby tub.

Layla stood at the bathroom door, smiling at her soon to be husband, she loved the way he interacted with their child. "Stop cussing to my baby. I don't need him saying "shit" before he says momma." She laughed.

"He gone say dada before he say anything." He shot back.

"We'll see." Layla walked away, laying down on the bed.

____________________________

Not even noticing she had fell asleep, Layla felt the bed sinking, letting her know Lucas was getting in on the other side.

"You feeling okay baby?" He asked.

"Feet hurting, but other than that I'm fine."

Walking out of the room, Lucas headed towards the kitchen.

He began boiling water.

"What's this?" Layla asked as he approached her side of the bed with a tray.

"Relax." He handed her the cup of tea he had made for her. He wanted her to feel better. As long as she felt good during the pregnancy, he would take care of everything else.

"Mmm.. that feels good baby." Layla moaned as she sipped from her tea, and watched Lucas rub her feet.

"You need something else?" He continued rubbing her feet.

"No this is perfect. Thank you." She began feeling relaxed, and her feet were no longer as sore.

"I was thinking. What you got planned for our wedding? I know it isn't until next year, but I want to start getting ready as soon as possible." He asked her, not realizing she had practically fallen asleep.

Lucas didn't care if they got married in a courtyard or backyard, just as long as she got his last name at the end of the day.

"Goodnight my babies. Daddy loves you." He placed a kiss on her cheek, and stomach before crawling into the bed next to her.

He couldn't wait for his son to arrive. He was thinking about naming him "Lamar" or "Lorenzo" to keep the "L" thing going.

He slowly drifted off to sleep, thinking about the next move he had planned for him and Layla.