chapter fourty-one

"No lie bae, but this bear ugly as a fuck

"No lie bae, but this bear ugly as a fuck. Eye all crooked and shit. Tongue all out on some freaky shit." Milah bent over laughing as she examined the stuffed animal Derrick had brung to her today.

"Damn, that's fucked up

"Damn, that's fucked up. A nigga bring you a little gift, and you start roasting it. Never again." Derrick played as if his feelings were hurt, but really he was holding back laughter at her silly outburst.

"Just be glad you don't look like that thing." She continued laughing before grabbing the bear, and putting it on top of her dresser.

"If I did, you'd still love me, so I ain't worried." Derrick winked at her.

"Boy bye, you ain't all that cute now." She playfully shoved him.

The shove turned into them chasing each other around the bedroom and eventually they were on the floor, and Derrick managed to roll on top of her.

He almost forgot the real reason why he came over, but this was important so they needed to stop playing for a second.

"Milah." He looked at her, scared of what she might respond to his news.

"Yes?" She questioned, knowing they were no longer playing.

"I found out my pops got released early." He told her.

"That's great baby." She stood up, noticing Derrick looked as if he had more to say.

"My family's throwing him a get together to celebrate later. I wanted to know if you wanted to come." He asked. He wanted Milah to meet all of his family, due to the fact that she was some one special in his life. He knew for a fact that his father would love her, and so would everybody else.

"Umm.. That's a big step.. Don't you think it's a little sudden? You know, he is just getting out, why don't we give him some time to settle in." Milah paced the room. She had never did the whole meeting the parents thing, except with Shawn. She knew him and Derrick were two totally different people, but she didn't want to risk it.