-2-

-Y/n POV-

I walk into the Eden Club with Officer Reed, we've just been informed of a murder and have been sent to investigate it. As we walk through the entrance Gavin mumbles, 

"Seems like you'd do a better job here than as a fucking detective." I ignore him and the manager approaches us. I listen to the briefing before heading into the private room where the crime was committed. A man lies dead on the bed and an android is on the floor, broken. Reed walks in behind me and laughs. I look at him confused. 

"Looks like he got more than he could handle." He says, looking at the man on the bed. 

"He didn't die of a heart failure, he was choked." 

"Yeah, it still applies." Gavin says smiling. The door opens and  Hank and Connor walk in. 

"Lieutenant Anderson and his plastic pet..." Gavin says sarcastically, 

"Yeah shut up, looks like you've got one too." Hank responds. 

"The fuck are you two doing here?" Gavin says, ignoring him. 

"We've been assigned all cases involving androids." Connor responds. Gavin laughs,

"Right, seems like we really need two plastic detectives on this." He says sarcastically. You furrow your brow, he's right. You don't need two androids investigating, so why did Cyberlife send you? You look at Connor and suddenly you're in your Zen Garden. 

"Amanda?" You say, approaching her. 

"Y/n. Looks like you've figured out your true objective." She responds, 

"You sent an android to investigate deviants... and now you're worried he may turn deviant himself." You respond. Amanda nods. "Still, why send me? I'm an android as well." You question. 

"You are the most advanced prototype we've ever made, even more so than Connor."

"But we're the same model." You say confused, Amanda nods. 

"But you're not really the same are you?" She asks. "Never mind, now that you know your mission, you should get back to it." She says, you nod and a moment later you are back in the Eden club, Gavin seems to have just finished mocking Hank, and he heads for the door. You look at Connor one more time before following him. 

"I'm fucking out of here." Gavin says, heading for the door. Now that you have a different directive you have no motive to follow him, you'll still have to be his partner which is unfortunate but necessary  in order to get close enough to Connor to monitor him. But now you need a reason to hang around and see how things go down. 

You look around the club, just then Connor and Hank walk out of the room. Connor doesn't seem to notice you and walks around the club looking for clues. Hank approaches you, 

"What are you still doing here?" Hank asks. 

"My mission is to investigate deviants, I intend to accomplish my mission with or without Officer Reed." I respond, I may be lying to a human but it's necessary. Hank laughs lightly, and goes to say something when Connor calls him over. I follow and watch as they "rent" a Traci in order to access her memory. Connor turns to me and asks that I do the same thing, we go around the club probing memories until we've tracked down the deviant to the back room.

Connor and I search through the deactivated deviants, as I'm scanning a group I hear a shuffling behind me and turn around to see Connor and a Traci fighting, Hank rushes to help but the blue-haired Traci emerges and begins to attack him. I choose to help Hank, considering he's a human up against an android. 

I pull the Traci off of him and she turns around and pushes me into a table, before kicking Hank, I grab her arms and we wrestle a bit before she frees herself from my grip, rushing to where Connor and the other Traci just fell into the street. She skids off the edge of the garage and starts fighting again, i rush out, slipping in the same place she had but gaining my footing again. Both of the Traci's are attempting to slam Connor's head into a wall, I run up and rip one off of him. She shoves me and on the slick pavement I fall backwards, slamming my head into a nearby air-conditioning unit. It takes me a moment, over the static rushing in my ears and the flickering in my eyes to finally see clearly. The brown-haired Traci is rushing Connor, he has his gun trained on her

don't shoot. 

I blink in confusion, the world is blurry. I push away the thought, I pretend like it was never there, but when Connor lowers his gun I feel... relieved. 

No. I can't feel anything. I'm a machine. 

The blue-haired Traci tells Connor their story before the two Traci's scramble over the fence together and run off. I make the decision then and there to tell Hank and Connor that I didn't see anything after I hit the air-conditioning unit, that I was out of it. I needed to reboot, or something. They speak for a moment before Connor walks over to me and offers me his hand. I blink, acting as though I've just come to. I take his hand and he pulls me up. 

"Whats your system status?" He asks.

"Fine, what happened?" I respond. Connor goes to speak, but Hank interrupts, 

"They got away, we couldn't catch them." He responds. I act disappointed, no, no I am disappointed. I should be disappointed, we've just lost two deviants who could have helped us solve the case, not to mention Connor showed signs of deviancy himself just by choosing to spare them. I nod before leaving the boys standing in the alley way. 

-Connor's POV-

I pull y/n off the ground, she seems to have taken a pretty severe blow to the back of her head but when I ask if she's ok, she tells me she's fine, and then she asks what happened. She didn't see any of it. She didn't see me choose not to shoot the Traci's. ...I mean why would I it would have damaged them... but it might have looked bad nonetheless. Hank tells her that the Traci's just got away, and we couldn't catch them. She nods and then she just leaves. I look at Hank and he shrugs, exiting the same way she had. 

I think back to that moment in the room, Gavin had been insulting Hank when she looked at me, her LED circled yellow and stayed that way for a while, she blinked and it turned blue again. I knew she was probably just thinking about the case, trying to work something out.... but it didn't seem that way...