-20-

-Connor's POV-

Y/n and I can pretty much fit everything we own into two backpacks, we have a few sets of clothes, including our uniforms and that's about it. So we pack it all into two bags and Hank takes us to our new apartment. We leave the bags and go out to buy some things for the apartment, it came almost fully furnished but we need a bed and bed linens and a few other things. It's all very... strange. I never thought about the color of curtains or sheets before, I never thought I'd own anything and now that we can buy things, now that we have to buy things it feels almost wrong. 

"I guess your not gonna need any silverware..." Hank says, passing through the kitchen essentials aisle in the store, "Or anything in this aisle really."

"Well... will it look empty?" Y/N asks, she's been more confused with the new human concepts, while I've just been conflicted. 

"Yeah... yeah it will. But you don't wanna waste money on things you're never gonna use." Hank says frankly. Y/N just nods and we head into the Bedroom section. Hank has picked out almost everything so far, and he's been going for blacks, white or grays which is absolutely fine by me. He pulls a pair of soft gray sheets of the shelf and tosses them into the cart Y/N is pushing. 

"This is so fucking weird." He mumbles. Y/N sighs, the experience so far has been less fun and exciting than we'd expected. The last few stores we'd visited had scoffed at us for wanting to buy anything and the employees had been rude, all excepts for any employed Androids, though there weren't many because humans had been coming back into the menial job workforce. 

Hank turns around, 

"Sorry, I didn't mean that it's just, it's not cause your androids, it's just because I haven't gone shopping for this kinda shit in I don't know how long." Hank apologizes. 

"I know Hank." I respond, Y/N nods as well. 

Once we've gotten all the essentials we head to checkout and return to the apartment. We lug up all the new stuff and start putting the place together. 

"Uh Hank!" I hear Y/N from the bedroom as I place our new books on the shelf. Hank is setting up the TV. 

"What!" He responds. 

"I... I don't know how to make a bed." Y/N says. Hank looks frustrated for a moment but ends up breaking into laughter. 

"You weren't kidding when you said you weren't programmed for household chores." He laughs, standing up and heading into the bedroom. 

"Come on Connor, you should probably learn this too." He says, and I follow him. 

"Alright, it's really not that hard." Hank says, Y/N is kneeling on the bed, with half of the sheets under a corner of the mattress and the other half twisted up around her. She smiles shyly and laughs, hopping off the bed. Hank mutters and starts making the bed, 

"Come on, help me." He says,"Grab a corner." We each take one and pull the fitted sheet over the mattress, tucking them in beneath and then pulling the second sheet over, finally we do the same with the comforter, 

"Don't use this one as a fucking towel? Alright?" Hank says, causing the three of us to break into laughter. 

"Thank you Hank, it wasn't that hard, you're right." Y/N says. Hank nods, and heads back into the living room to finish setting the TV up. I walk over to Y/N, she smiles. 

-Y/N's POV-

Connor walks over to me, smiling. It's been so strange and new since Androids were liberated. Markus is in the capital speaking with President Warren right now, and people are slowly, very slowly starting to accept us. But only a select few, like Lieutenant Anderson and some of the officers at the station, not Gavin of course. 

I smile at Connor and he pulls me into a hug, we sway side to side for a little bit. 

"It's gonna be great Y/N." Connor says, 

"I know. It's just all so... new." I respond. He looks down at my and nods, before giving me a quick kiss. It's not the first time we've kissed, but every time we do I feel so... human. 

"Alright." Hank says from the other room, Connor and I step apart and walk into the living area.

"It's all set-up. You guys should be ready to go." Hank says. I smile, 

"Thank you Lieutenant... so much." I say. He smiles and nods as well. 

"I'm gonna head home, if you need anything you know where to find me." He says, heading for the door. We follow him and I pull him into a hug.

"Really, thank you." I say. He hugs me back before stepping away. 

"You don't need to thank me." He says, before heading out.