-25-

-Connor's POV-
Y/n and I are walking hand in hand through a park, Hank had taken Sumo and Blue for the day, the two dogs rarely liked to be separate and they had already had their morning walk so it was a chance for y/n and I to go out alone. The park is nearly empty and snow is falling softly, refreshing the coat that had formed earlier this morning. Y/n is wearing a long grey pea coat, and a navy scarf. She doesn't need the protection from the cold but she's started to enjoy all the fashion choices for the seasons. I'm wearing a black pea coat and a grey scarf, she'd bought both items for me.

"Connor..." She says, we had been walking in silence, enjoying each other's company and the gentle snowfall.

"Yes?" I respond.

"Do you ever wonder what the cold feels like?" She asks. I had thought about the question myself.

"Yes." I say.

"I think... i think it's a nice feeling at first. A feeling that gives you a reason to drink hot chocolate and bundle up and then it turns... sharp, painful. What do you think?" She asks, each word had been deliberate, like she had thought about it maybe the whole time we'd been walking.

"I think... I think it's refreshing, like maybe when you breath cold air it's like drinking cold water, you feel more alive." I respond.

"That sounds... amazing." She says, the sadness in her voice is barely audible but it's there.

"It does doesn't it?" I respond. We walk in silence a little while longer.

"Do you ever wonder if... if what we feel, how we feel about each other isn't... isn't the same as how humans feel... if it could ever be the same?" She asks. I pause, looking at her.

"... yes, but I don't think it matters" I begin, taking her other hand, "because we feel something, I know I feel something." The skin on one of my hands pulls back and the white shell underneath is glowing the same as y/n's. "When I see you, it's like I could almost imagine how a warm day is... when I'm with you I can feel it in my chest, like it's full of something. I don't care how humans love each other, how they feel. I care about how I feel, how I'm happy when I'm with you." I say. Y/n blinks up at me, snowflakes gathering in her hair and on her eyelashes. She smiles and pulls me in to a hug, leaning her head on my chest. I wrap my arms around her.

"I wish I could feel the cold, so I could know how warm it is when you hold me." She whispers.