-27-

-Connor's POV-

I take the last gift off the table, it's from me to y/n, I look up at Hank, he smiles and nods gently. He had helped me pick it out, or more so make it. I hand it to her and she smiles, gently opening the wrapping paper. She passes the soft felt case in her fingers and clicks it open. A silver necklace is inside, there is a quarter strung along the chord, with a small hole through it for the chain. She looks up at me and laughs a bit.

"Thank you Connor." She says sincerely, looking at me and smiling. She clips the necklace around her neck and passed the quarter through her fingers a few times.

...

We say goodbye to Hank and head out, into the soft snow. We ride back into the city and step out in front of an apartment building. Y/n rings ,

"Markus?" She says into the speaker. There is a buzzing and the door unlocks.

"Floor 2, apartment 221 ( B Baker Street ;D )" I Day, stepping onto the elevators, which whirs upwards. The door opens and y/n and I step out, walking down the hall until we find 221. Markus opens the door smiling.

"Y/n! Connor! Come in!" He says charismatically! . We step inside and see North, Simon, Josh and a few other deviants in the apartment. I take y/n's hand and we walk farther in to where they are sitting.

"Merry Christmas!" Markus says, joining us. A moment later there is another knock at the door. Markus stands up and opens it, there is a young woman, a little girl and a man standing together. Markus greets them,

" I don't think you've every formally met," Markus says, y/n and I stand,

"My name is Kara." The young woman says, "this is Alice." She looks at the little girl clinging to her legs who smiles shyly.

"Luther." The man nods.

"My name is Connor." I say, letting go of y/n's hand.
"I'm y/n." Y/n says.

"I remember both of you... the deviant hunters." Kara says. I look down at my feet.

"We-" y/n begins,

"You chased me and Alice onto a highway... but you didn't follow." She says, directly to me.

"He also freed thousands of androids from the CyberLife Tower." Markus says. Kara looks at him, and back to me.

"Thank you." She says, I don't know if she's thanking me for letting her cross the highway or freeing the androids, but I'll take it.

-Y/N's POV-

We are sitting together on the couches, all speaking casually when Markus stands up during a lull in the conversation.

"I have gifts, for all of you." He says, walking into  another room and returning with a pile of thin, rectangular packages. He flips them over to check the names before passing them out. The androids start to try and unfold them, from the tape pieces.

"You just rip them." Connor says. They all look at him the same way Connor and I looked at Hank.

"It's just paper after all." Connor says, making an example and ripping open the gift. The others follow suit and rip theirs open. I look down at mine and remove the wrapping. Inside their is a thin, heavy duty plastic card. It had my name printed on it, with my ID Number and other identifying factors, one of these being "US Citizen"

"It's an ID." Markus says, I look up at him. "When I spoke with president Warren she agreed that androids need some sort of identification, like a license. It's proof of citizenship, she had them made for you all, and an announcement will be made asking other androids to go to their town hall to request their own IDs." Markus turns to Kara, Alice and Luther, "yours are passports, so you can get back to Canada easily. That's why i helped you get to Detroit, because I knew you could go home too." Markus says. The three smile. I look over at Connor, who's still staring at his ID, fascinated.

"You're all real citizens now, you're all people." Markus says smiling. I look back down at the ID, flipping it in my hands and examining it. The plastic is sturdy and smooth, when i turn it the right way in the lights it's a bit reflective. "Merry Christmas." Markus says, taking a seat. Everyone finally looks up from their cards and North starts clapping, soon enough everyone has joined in. Markus laughs,

"Thank you." He says.

I look over to Connor and he takes my hand, winking casually. I smile and slip the ID Card into a pocket, before joining in on the conversation that's started up.