-23-

-Y/N's POV-

"Blue... I think we should name him Blue." I say, watching that same color circling through the puppy's LED. Connor smiles, 

"I like that name." He replies. 

...

A few days later 

I step out of Hank's car, we've driven quite a while just to find the place we'd been looking for, a little Christmas tree nursery outside of the city. 

"I can't remember the last time I picked up a real Christmas tree, can't even remember the last time I put up a Christmas tree, real or fake." Hank says, a bit nostalgically. Connor and I had coerced him into getting a real one for his home, to liven it up a bit for the Holiday Season. We leash up Sumo and Blue, Connor and I had also convinced Hank that since they were a part of the family, they deserved to come along for the trip. 

Connor and I didn't really get the whole "picking a tree" thing at first so we chose the first tree we saw, after all it was a Christmas tree. 

"No that's not the right Christmas tree, you gotta find the best one in the lot, you can't just pick up the first one you see." Hank explains. 

"Oh." Connor responds, still obviously confused. 

"What umm... credentials does the perfect Christmas tree fit?" I ask. Hank laughs, 

"Well it's gotta fit in my living room for one, and it can't be too thin... I don't know..." He responds. Connor and I just nod. At our feet Blue is trying to play with Sumo, who is ignoring the energetic an and annoying puppy the best he can. We walk further down the rows of trees, 

"What do you think of this one?" Hank asks, pointing to a full pine tree just short enough to fit in the house. 

"I like it." I say smiling, Connor nods. 

"Alright!" Hank says, I can't tell if he's happy to be done with it or actually happy to have done this, I think secretly it's the second one, but he'd never admit it. "I'll go get some one to cut it down for us." He says. 

"Wait? We're killing it?" I ask. 

"umm... yeah. How did you think we'd get it to the house, uproot it and plant it into the hardwood floor?" 

"Well... I don't know." I respond. Hank laughs, 

"Do you want the tree or not?" 

"Well yes but..." I respond, Hank just laughs again, 

"Alright you wanna get a fake one instead?" He asks. 

"No it's alright." I say, and Hank gives a final light sigh before heading towards the small shop on the property. Connor takes my hand, and kisses me lightly on the forehead. A minute or so later Hank returns, a man follows, smiling and nodding to us. 

"Afternoon! Is it this one?" He asks, pointing to our tree. 

"Yes!" I respond smiling, 

"Alright, well if you all want to go to the shop and drink some hot chocolate.... or well, I guess just look around... I'll get the tree on your car. There are some treats for the dogs on the counter!" He says, kneeling and petting them before we walk away. 

"He was nice!" I say. Hank nods and takes the leashes from my hand, 

"You guys wanna go look around, we're gonna need some ornaments and decorations." He says, reaching into the bowl of treats on the counter, the dogs get excited and he tosses one to each. 

"Alright." Connor says and the two of us leave Hank at the counter with the dogs. 

-Connor's POV-

We meet Hank at the counter with a few boxes of lights and decorations for the tree. The man who had greeted us early rings everything up.

"Thank you!" Y/n says smiling. 

"Sure thing not many people come out to buy Christmas trees anymore, have a merry one!" The man says kindly. 

We climb in the car and Blue jumps onto Y/N's lap immediately. 

... 

When we get back to Hank's house I help him take the tree in while Y/N gets the ornament and lights together. It takes a minute to setup the tree, I start to string up the lights while Y/N gets the ornaments out. Suddenly music starts to play, Y/N and I turn to see Hank standing by the radio, he almost looks guilty. 

"Just felt like we needed it..." he says a bit awkwardly, "it's umm... special music just for Christmas time." He explains. 

"Just for Christmas time?" Y/N asks. 

"yeah." Hank smiles and Y/N just nods. He walks over and helps me finish with the lights before we all hang up the ornaments with the Christmas music playing softly in the background and Blue cuddling up to Sumo by the fire.