-12-

I stand, rushing behind one of the barriers. I can see the soldiers firing around me. I take a deep breath before charging one, ripping his gun from his hand, taking him out and then a few other soldiers around me. I find cover again, beside an android shaking with fear. 

"We're free." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me with terror in his eyes. Just then a soldier comes up behind him, I quickly fire at him but not before he is able to get a shot at the deviant. I take him in my arms, dropping the gun. The deviant smiles up at me before closing his eyes, I watch as his LED blinks red, and then fades. I sigh shakily before taking the gun again and standing. I fight off a few other soldiers, Markus looks at me and nods before rushing to save the other deviants. Just then a bullet rips through one of my bio components and I fall to the ground. Around me I can hear the gunfire and explosions relentlessly cornering the other androids but i focus only on dragging myself away. 

I pull myself behind a concrete barrier, and press my hand against the wound in my abdomen. I block out the commotion behind me, I can't focus on anything but this strange sensation... it's not pain, androids don't feel pain... it's like I can feel my life draining from me in every strand and pool of blue blood spilling and leaking onto the brick streets, i can feel myself losing every ounce of it, and all I can do is watch it blend with the light dusting of snow on the stones beneath me.

It takes me a moment to notice the silence around me. No more gunfire or grenades. I sit there for a moment, believing it's all over. Waiting for a soldier to turn the corner of the barricade and finish me. I think about how I'll never get to see Connor again, or Hank, how I'll never get to meet Sumo, Hank's dog Connor had told me about. Then I hear it, drifting through the cold night air, like just another flake of snow... singing.  

-Connor's POV-

I' reunite with Markus, the soldiers have been ordered to stand down and he glances over the thousands of androids I've led.  "You did it Markus." I say, smiling. 

 "We did it" He responds, "This is a great day for our people. Humans will have no choice now. They'll have to listen to us." He says. I nod, and look over the remaining androids from the March. I don't see y/n. 

"Where's y/n?" I ask, North, she turns quickly, scanning over the deviants and looking back to me apologetically. I rush past her and back into the street where the fighting had taken place. I begin to scan the faces of the fallen. I see a trail of blue blood leading away from the center of the street and follow it to a concrete barrier, i go to look behind it and see y/n leaning against it with her eyes closed. I fall to my knees and turn her head gently, her LED is still cycling between red and yellow. She's still alive.

"Y/n." I say, trying to stay calm. I scan her to see what's wrong. A bullet has damaged one of her biocomponents, and shrapnel from the grenades has left her leaking blue blood. I take a deep breath and head back to the center of the street where I search for anything that might help her. 

I pause in front of a dead android, the same bio component y/n needs is in perfect shape. I kneel down beside her. I think I could wake her up for a moment, but she wouldn't have much time till she shuts down again... I reboot her and she opens her eyes, she's less scared than i thought. She smiles,

"We won didn't we?" She says, tears in her eyes. I nod.

"I... my friend is injured. You could save her, I just... I just wanted to ask you-" I begin.

"Yes. Of course, I know you... your Connor. You saved us, it's the least I could do. Besides, I won't be needing it anymore." She says smiling softly.

"Markus saved us, all of us." I say. The androids smiles even more and nods before closing her eyes, her LED circles yellow, then blue then dies. I inhale before pulling out the bio component and rushing back to y/n. I stumble back to my knees again, frantically analyzing how much time she has left. Only a minute and 14 seconds. I dislodge the damaged bio component and replace it with the functional one, i can't do anything to replace the blue blood, all I can do is try to close up the openings. I press my hands on the largest one, trying to make sure it doesn't spill much more blood. For the smaller ones, if she wakes up, no, when she wakes up, her skin will re-cover most of the exposed metal tears.

"Y/n, please." I say, my voice is shaking.

"I'm scared." I lean my head against her shoulder and close my eyes. I wish Hank were here, he would know what to do. Even though he didn't have an androids analyzing capabilities, he always knew how to help, i look back up at y/n's face.

"You're my best friend.... I care about you y/n please. I... I love you." I say dropping my head again. Just then Markus turns the corner around the barrier.

"I'm sorry Connor. I never meant for this to happen." He says, kneeling beside me.

"It's my fault. I told her to go with you. I should've known." I say, frustrated with myself. Markus looks down sadly, before standing again and walking away. I almost follow when I see Y/N's LED flickering yellow, and suddenly circling blue. She opens her eyes and sits up frantically, her eyes meet mine and I watch as all her fear fades. 

"Connor..."

-Y/N's POV-

I jolt awake, sitting up abruptly. I thought I was dead, I turn to see Connor by my side. 

"Connor..." I say relieved. He smiles. "Where is everyone... did we win?" I ask,

"Yes, Markus is in the street. He's going to speak to his people." Connor says. I stand up, with some difficulty. Connor takes my arm, helping me to re-balance. 

"I'm alright, I'm alright." I say, turning to him, "Thank you." I say, he smiles and pulls me into his arms.