-5-

**The timeline is a little bit off, oops, I had Connor meet Kamski before he went to investigate Markus' message, when it's really the other way around. It shouldn't cause toooo much damage, Sorry!***

-Y/n's POV-

I watched as the deviant aimed the gun frantically around the room, I paused and weighed my options, Connor was too far away for me to help, and there weren't any guns nearby except Hank's, but his was holstered on the opposite side of me and I wouldn't reach it before the deviant started shooting. There were only two options, rush the deviant and sacrifice myself or jump in front of hank, sacrificing myself again. I looked at Connor and prayed he had a plan, because I knew exactly what I was going to do. Hank had been so kind, even if it was a strange sort of bristly kindness, he had made sure i wouldn't have to deal with Gavin again, he had treated me like I meant something. I knew none of that should matter to me, but it did. So I stepped in front of Hank just as Connor whipped out an officers gun and shot the deviant. 

With the deviant neutralized Connor looked at me, and when he realized what I had done his LED blinked yellow for a moment, and he furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't say anything, and Hank just turned to me and smiled. I fixed my jacket and nodded. 

... 

I'm in the Zen Garden. Amanda motions me to her. 

"Y/n, how is everything going?" She asks. 

"Good. I don't believe Connor to be deviant, he is pursuing this case diligently."

"What about the two Traci's he didn't shoot?" She says, eyeing me.

"He knew that damaging them wouldn't have given us any information." I respond. Amanda just nods. She is quiet for a little while. 

"What about you, Y/N? You jumped in front of Hank when that deviant attacked... why?" 

"There weren't many options..." I respond. She doesn't seem satisfied with my answer, but she moves on nonetheless. 

"You don't have much time, if you are so sure that Connor is not deviant than you should do everything you can to help him catch the deviants." She says, "There will be chaos if the uprising is not ended." 

"I understand." I say.

....

We are back in the station, it has been a few days since the Android's had hacked into the broadcasting system, in that time they had freed other androids from the cyber life stores in Detroit and set up a march through the streets. 

Just then Captain Fowler calls Hank into his office, Connor and I look at each other, debating whether or not to follow. We both stand and walk into his office as well. 

I'm standing and listening to Fowler when I look over and see Connor with his eyes closed. He must be in his Zen Garden. I frown, wondering what Amanda might be saying to him. I figure it's similar to the conversation she had just had with me. 

"You're off the case." 

My attention snaps back to Captain Fowler. 

-MISSION FAILED- 

I shake my head trying to make the message go away. I know it's not over. Hank and Captain Fowler are arguing but I'm not paying attention. I hear Fowler saying that Connor and I will return to Cyber-Life, but I know if that happens I'll be deactivated for failing my mission... and I don't want to die. I don't want Connor to die. I can finally admit it to myself. I look at Connor, his LED circles yellow. I wonder what he's thinking. 

We walk out of Fowler's office, Connor follows Hank to his desk but I stand for a moment. I don't know what to do. Connor and Hank speak for a while, and then I see Hank stand and go to the FBI agent who had just walked in. He throws a punch. I look to see Connor headed for the evidence room and I understand. I follow him quickly. 

"What are you doing?" 

"The solution is in the evidence, I just need some more time. I have to find Jericho." He says. 

"Wait... What if we are on the wrong side Connor? " Connor turns around, watching me. 

-Connor's POV-

"Wait..." She says. I turn around. She looks... sad. "What if we are on the wrong side Connor?" Her LED circles red and that's when I know. 

"You're... you're..." I begin, when I hear Gavin. 

"What the fuck are you two doing?" He asks. Y/N turns around quickly, glancing back at me once. She knows I know. 

"Fuck off Gavin." She says. I am taken aback, but I realize she's buying me time. Why? Why would she help me? She's deviant, she should be trying to stop me... unless she want's to solve this case for the same reason I do. Because she's afraid of failing, of being deactivated. She feels that same fear I do. No. No, i am not afraid, I am mission oriented. She is the deviant not me. I shake my head and go to open the door. 

"What did you just say to me you fucking bitch." Gavin spits, and then he rushes towards her. I slip through the door and hear them fighting outside. I try hard to ignore it.

 I just need to find Jericho.