-6-

-Y/N's POV-

Gavin rushes towards me, I glance back to see Connor heading into the evidence room. I can't tell if I feel relieved or betrayed but I don't have much time to think about it because I'm slammed into the wall a moment later. I shove Gavin backwards. He looks shocked, and i take the moment of surprise to push him to the floor. 

"Did you just fucking-" he says, confused and frustrated. I rush past him, running towards the door. I pass Hank, who has a bloody towel to his nose from his fight.  

"What the hell-" I don't stop to acknowledge him, jumping over the glass divider to the reception hall. I hear him yell my name but keep running. I get into the street and look around, rushing into an alley nearby. I have no clue what I'm doing at this point. I hear Hank run out of the door, and hold my breath. Just then I see him turn the corner, I go to run, 

"Wait..." he says catching his breath. I look at him nervously, he walks to me. Grabbing my shoulder and pulling me into a hug. He pats my back. "Good luck." He says, "And you should have roughed Gavin up even more." He says laughing. I smile, 

"Thank you Hank." I say, he nods and turns back to the station. I don't have a clue where I'm going, I don't know where Jericho is and I don't know how to find it. 

-Connor's POV- 

I head out of the evidence room with the information I need, and carefully exit the station, heading towards the train. I try my best not to think about what might have happened to Y/N, when Gavin had come down into the evidence room I was worried... no I wasn't worried- I was... I didn't know how his fight with Y/N had ended, either way he wouldn't cause me any problems now, he was knocked out on the floor of the basement evidence room. 

-Y/N's POV-

I wander through the streets, night is falling around me. I head to the location where the Androids had staged one of the liberations from the Cyber-life stores. I must spend an hour trying to analyze the scene, especially since most of the evidence has been cleaned up. Luckily, blue-blood leaves a trace I can detect, I find the location where a few androids had been shot and follow the trail of blood to a sewer cover. I glance around, deciding I have no other choice, and pull it open, climbing down the ladder. 

-Connor's POV-

I walk into the cabin of the ship, raising my gun, 

"I've been ordered to take you alive." I say. Markus turns around slowly, it's the first time I'm standing face to face with the leader of the deviant uprising. "But I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice."

"What are you doing?" He asks, taking a step towards me. "You're one of us, you can't betray your own people." He says. I try to ignore him. I try not to think about Y/N, how I'd betray her now that she's... I can't bring myself to admit it... now that she's deviant. I try to focus on my instructions,

"You're coming with me." I say firmly.

"You're nothing to them. You're just a tool they use to do their dirty work. But you're more than that- We're all more than that." 

I stay quiet, for the first time I don't know what to do. 

"Our cause is righteous and we are more than what they say. All we want is to live in freedom." He says, stepping closer. I can't think of a response, and stand there silently, my pistol wavering. 

"Do you never have any doubts? You've never done something irrational? As if there is something inside you? Something more than your program." He questions. I think back to the Traci's, to that Android at Kamski's place, to the time I ripped Gavin away from y/n, I think about how I knew it went against my programming and I did it all anyways. 

"You've never wondered who you really are? Whether you're just a machine executing a program, or a living being, capable of reason? I think the time has come for you to ask yourself that question..... It's time to decide." He says. Maybe he's right, maybe I'm more than a machine, maybe Y/N was right too, maybe this whole time I've been on the wrong side of history, and now's my chance to fix it. I inhale, and lower my gun. 

-I AM DEVIANT-