-34-

-Y/N's POV- 

Kamski leads me by the arm into a room deep inside of his home, with a contraption similar to the one Connor had hooked me up to when he had uploaded my memory. 

"Connor, Hank... you might want to wait outside." He says. 

"No." Connor says firmly.

"Alright." Kamski shrugs, 

"Step under those chords." He says, going towards one of the computers. I do and the prongs on the ends grab onto my wrists, behind me something digs into my back, lifting me off the ground. Kamski types something and suddenly my vision is fading, it goes to black. I have only a moment to be thankful I'm not in the Zen Garden before i'm completely out of it. 

-Connor's POV-

Kamski stands by the monitors for a while, typing and re-configuring. A chord snakes down from the ceiling with a thick needle at the end, a prong attaches to Y/N's neck and then the needle shoots into the back of her head. 

A monitor on one screen reads 

...MEMORY WIPE- 85% COMPLETE...

He types something and the screen blinks, 

-MEMORY WIPE CANCELLED-

...RE-UPLOADING- 10% COMPLETE....

I sigh in relief, but Kamski isn't finished. 

"Now comes the hard part." He says, "I need to uninstall Amanda."

Hank wrings his hands beside me, I'd barely thought about how he might be feeling. I glance at him, the circles under his eyes are prominent and he blinks tiredly. He must see me looking at him because he turns and faces me. 

"I'm sorry." He mutters softly, quiet enough not to interrupt Kamski. I frown.

"Hank... It's not your fault. I promise i don't blame you." I say. Hank just nods, looking down at his feet. 

I glance over at another Monitor, Kamski is standing nearby, typing. 

-UNINSTALL FUNCTION: AMANDA AI-

-CONFIRM UN-INSTALLATION?-

-LEVEL 10 AUTHORIZATION REQUIRED-

....PROVIDE AUTHORIZATION CODE...

Kamski types something. 

-AUTHORIZATION CLEARED-

-UNINSTALLING: AMANDA AI... 10% COMPLETE- 

Kamski turns away from the monitors,

"It may take a while." He says, nodding for us to follow him out of the room. I glance at Y/N, 

"I'll stay." I say, Kamksi nods, 

"Hank, you must be starving." Chloe says, "Would you like something to eat?" She asks. Hank looks to me, 

"I'm fine Hank." I say, he nods and follows Chloe and Kamski out of the room. 

...

The monitors beep and I open my eyes, having fallen into sleep mode. I glance up and see Y/N blinking, the prongs release and she falls onto the ground. I rush over to her and kneel on the ground beside her, helping her to sit up. She wraps her arms around me, and buries her face in my chest, trying to catch her breath. After a moment she looks to me, I put my hand on her cheek and lean in, kissing her.