-11-

-Y/N's POV-

I sit by one of the fires burning in a trash can, we've set up a barricade in the cross section of the street. Markus and a few other deviants are grouped at the front, watching the soldiers. The others are scattered around. Most of us are silent, waiting for something to happen and simultaneously hoping nothing will. There is a small commotion, I glance up to see Markus climbing out from behind the barriers. I stand and watch as he speaks with Agent Perkins, the same man Hank had beat up in the station earlier... today. I can barely believe that happened today after everything else that's gone down. 

Markus turns on his heel, re-entering the barricade. He steps up onto a crate, 

"The humans are about to launch an attack. And we will show them, that we are not afraid. If we must die today, then we will die free." Markus says, just then a canister comes flying into the barricade, it erupts, sending myself and a few other androids backwards, I fall onto the stiff concrete, scrambling to stand again. I can hear the soldiers advancing. 

-Connor's POV-

"Your friends life is in your hands!" The other Connor shouts, I glance between him and Hank. "Now it's time to decide what matters most! Him- Or the revolution." He says. 

"Don't listen to him! Everything this fucker says is a lie!" Hank argues.

"I used to be just like you. I thought nothing mattered except the mission. But then one day i understood." I say, the other Connor looks upset for a moment, and for just that second I think I might have convinced him. But then he speaks.

"Very moving Connor..." He says sarcastically, "but I'm not a deviant. I'm a machine designed to accomplish a task, and that's exactly what I'm going to do!" He, raises the gun closer to Hank's head. 

"If i surrender, how do I know you wont kill him?" I question. 

"I'll only do what is strictly necessary to accomplish my mission. Its up to you whether or not that includes killing this human." He says, looking at Hank. "Enough talk! It's time to decide who you really are!" The other Connor yells, "Are you going to save your partners life, or are you going to sacrifice him?" 

I release the android, "Alright, alright!... You win." I say, stepping away from the androids and raising my arms. The Connor quickly switches his aim, going to shoot me. Hank grabs for him and I pause. I could connect to the android beside me again, pull my own gun or get in between Hank and the RK800. I know that if I don't win this fight it means Y/N, Markus, all the other deviants will die. I rush towards them, the gun flies out of Connor's hand as I hit him, the fist fighting begins, I dodge and kick and hit as fast as I can but our skill levels are perfectly matched, I can't beat him. 

"Hold it!" Hank shouts, Connor's gun in his hands. We stand, 

"Thanks Hank, I don't know how I would've managed without you. Get rid of him we have no time to lose." The other Connor says, I look at him, and back to Hank, 

"It's me Hank." I say calmly, "I'm the real Connor." 

"One of you is my partner... the other is a sack of shit." Hank says, switching the gun back and forth from me to the other Connor, "Question is, who's who?" 

"What are you doing Hank? I'm the real Connor." The other Connor says, "Give me the gun and I'll take care of him-"

"DON'T MOVE!" Hank shouts at him. 

"Why don't you ask us something? Something only the real Connor would know." I suggest. 

"uhuh, where did we first meet?" Hank questions. I go to speak but the other Connor beats me to it. 

"Jimmy's Bar!" He begins, I don't bother listening to the rest, I know it will be true. 

"He uploaded my memory..." I say softly. 

"What's my dogs name?" Hank asks. 

"Sumo!" I respond quickly, "His name is Sumo." 

"I knew that too!" The other Connor argues. 

"... My son, what's his name?" Hank asks. I frown, remembering when he'd told me about Cole at the bridge, remembering the photo of the boy on his dining table the night I'd found Hank passed out. 

"Cole. His name was Cole. And he just turned six at the time of the accident... It wasn't your fault Lieutenant. A truck skidded on a piece of ice and your car rolled over. Cole needed emergency surgery but no human was available to do it, so an android had to take care of him. Cole didn't make it. That's why you hate androids." I say sadly. "You think one of us is responsible for your sons death..." 

"Cole died because a human surgeon was too high on Red Ice to operate, he was the one that took my son away from me, him and this world where the only place people can find comfort is with a fistful of powder." Hank responds. 

"I knew about your son too! I would've said exactly the same thing!" The other Connor argues, "Don't listen to him Hank, I'm the one who-" Hank fires, the bullet hits the other Connor straight in the forehead and he falls back. 

"I've learned a lot since I met you Connor. Maybe there's something to this, maybe you really are alive." Hank smiles at me, "Maybe you'll be the ones to make the world a better place... Go ahead, do what you gotta do."