-7-

-Y/N's POV-

I pull of the lid of the sewer cover after following the blue blood trail to another ladder, when I poke my head out, there is a light dusting of snow on the brick roads and across the way a bit is a huge freighter with the word JERICHO painted on the side. I sigh in relief and pull myself out, heading towards the ship. 

Inside there are hundreds of other androids, and I realize that if Connor succeeds, they'll all die. I shouldn't have helped him back at the station... why did I help him? I guess I know the answer to that question even if I can't admit it. 

I walk around the ships hold aimlessly, hoping that Connor never finds Jericho, and at the same time hoping he does... because if he doesn't I'll never see him again. Suddenly I hear the whirring of helicopters overhead, and a moment later the sharp ringing of gunshots. The androids around me begin to panic. I turn and rush into one of the corridors, I can hear yelling from soldiers nearby. The shooting doesn't stop, it's only interrupted by the reverberating of a grenade's explosion or the shouts of deviants. I see a woman and a little girl running into a room nearby, they slam the door shut. Another deviant begins pounding on it but I don't stick around to see if they open it for her, I turn around and search for somewhere to go. 

-Connor's POV-

Markus and I run down the stairs, meeting up with another deviant leader. They speak, but I'm not paying attention. There is no way Y/N would have found this place, she wouldn't have come here... I try to tell myself this but at the same time I know it was the only safe place for deviants, and I know Y/n, she would have found a way to get here. 

"We have to blow up Jericho, if the ship goes down they'll evacuate and our people can escape!" Markus says, 

"You'll never make it!" The other deviant cries out, "The explosives are all the way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere." 

"She's right. They know who you are they'll do anything to get you." I say. Markus ignores my warning, 

"Go and help the others, Ill join you later." He says firmly, the other deviant objects but he's already heading away. 

-Y/N's POV-

I nearly trip as I rush up a set of broken stairs, I can here soldiers shouting below me but they don't seem to notice me. I glance down, from here I have the perfect opportunity to take them both out... down the hall I see a group of deviants running from them. I jump, knocking one to the ground and then quickly catching the barrel of the other's gun, shoving it up and towards, him. He falls backwards and the other reaches for his pistol, which I grab and use to finish both. The deviants look at me and nod silently before running away. I glance back up at the staircase I had just jumped from before jumping up and pulling myself back onto the landing. 

I sprint down the halls, it looks like the soldiers have already cleared this level, and have moved onto the lower decks. There are bodies strewn about in every corridor, and still a few stray soldiers patrolling. I am running towards a staircase when I see a man come rushing down it. It's Markus. He stops, 

"Are you alright?" He asks. I nod, a bit shocked. He takes me by the shoulders, "I'm going to blow up Jericho, run the way I've just come from, you should find more deviants. Wait with them, If i'm not back in 10 minutes, jump into the harbor." He says. I nod, 

"Ok... Thank you." I say, we both turn and run in different directions. At the end of the hall I see two deviants standing by a hole in the hull, one is a woman and the other is wearing a black hoodie and beanie. I rush up to them. The man in the beanie turns around and I stop. 

-Connor's POV-

I am standing with the Deviant, who I've learned is called North by a hole in the ship's side. We are waiting for Markus, in the corner of my vision there is a 10 minute countdown. He said to jump without him if he's not back by the time it reaches zero. I hear thudding on metal behind me, half expecting it to be Markus, I turn around. 

Y/n stops in her tracks in front of me. In my peripheral vision I see North turning around as well. Y/N looks confused, her eyes dart across my face, taking in my change of attire and trying to find some explanation for what I'm doing here. 

"... Connor..." she says. North looks confused but I don't pay attention to her. I go to speak but y/n beats me to it. "Did you do this Connor... you-you did this." She says, her voice shaking. It feels like a heart I didn't know I had has broken inside of me. 

"I'm sorry. I was just a machine Y/N, following orders.... I'm so sorry." I say. She blinks away tears. 

"I-" She begins, but she doesn't finish her thought, instead she walks up to me and pulls me into a hug. 

-Y/N's POV-

I stand there for a moment, looking at Connor. The deviant beside him seems confused but I can't look away from him, I feel so many things. "Connor...." I manage to say through the overwhelmingly new emotions clouding my mind. The first one that is clear to me is the anger, "Did you do this Connor... you-you did this." I say. He looks so hurt. And thats when I know that he's changed. He's finally broken the code,  betrayed Amanda, become human. 

"I'm sorry. I was just a machine Y/N, following orders... I'm so sorry." He says, I can see his LED circling yellow from where it peaks out beneath his beanie. 

"I-" I know. I don't say it, I just pull him into a hug, the anger has sunk to the bottom now, I feel something else, something I don't know the words for, something I didn't think I could feel, and now that it's there I don't have a clue what to do about it.