Chapter 4

Enjoy~😊 

Last chapter: Finally snapping out of his mind, Kaine answered, "My name is Kaine Vincent. Second oldest son of Ulfred Vincent and the heir of the Vincent family"

Before he is able to look at the other person, he felt somebody grabbing his hands.

~~~~

When he looked at the person that grabbed his hands, he saw Edwin. Yes, it was Edwin that grabbed his hands. Edwin was smiling brightly at him, but Kaine felt cold when he looked at his smile.

"Vincent?" Edwin asked with cold eyes. Seeing the smile that didn't reached his eyes, Kaine could only nod.

Confirmed that the other was truly from the Vincent family, Edwin decided to ask some more questions. "Oh? I see... How is that cousin of yours?"

"Cousin? Which cousin?" Kaine asked with confusion, but couldn't hide away the hint that showed he was interested and curious.

"Joseph Zaff Vincent" As Edwin spoke the name, he became colder showing a bit of his true nature. His hands that holds Kaine's hands have also unconsciously tightened.

Kaine was surprised at how Edwin's nature was starting to show. As far as he knew, Edwin would never show his true nature unless it's necessary, but this? [ This is truly interesting... ] he thought. 

 On another matter, there is another thing that is also truly interesting.

 [ How is it that he actually knew the full name of his cousin? Usually people would only know him by the name Joseph Vincent, not his full name. The only ones who knew them were his family or close friends, but how could Edwin know that fact? Unless... they're lovers? At least they were once lovers, but something must've happened between them...*chuckles*]

[ So that was the case... The reason Edwin lost his cool was because it was related to his ex-lover. Love... is dangerous, very dangerous. Not even realizing it's burning them alive, but instead, we seek more and even using another person that you love to get another's heart. Just like him... ]

————

"Zaff? I think that he is having a great time right about now." Kaine smirks as he shrug off his hands away from the other.

Edwin, who is too furious to even speak never noticed that Kaine was smirking right in front of his eyes. If he had noticed he would probably beat Kaine to death. But right now, he was truly furious at how Joseph is having a great time while he is still frustrated over what happened. Not only was he furious with that, he is also furious to the fact that Kaine was able to say his name while he cannot even when they were lovers. 

————

It was obvious that Kain was playing with Edwin. He didn't know how or what his cousin is doing, but he wants to tease Edwin to see his reactions. Looking closely at Edwin, he can clearly see the furious expression that he (Edwin) was making, exactly to his prediction. Kaine noticed that the other wanted to say something to him but just as he was about to say something, the teacher came into the classroom. In the end, the words that Edwin was about to say were never spoken as it was interrupted.