Chapter 31

The incident ten years ago was when Victor and Kaine met. It was an incident that changed people's life. For some it was a chance, but for others, it was a nightmare.

Kaine's memory regarding the incident wasn't clear, because at time, he was only 5 years old. Because he didn't remember the incident, he has also forgotten the promise he made to himself for that boy... who saved his life.

........

(Ten years ago)

Somewhere in an abandoned underground warehouse, multiple footsteps were heard in the silent hall. Victor peeked outside through the small cracks between the boxes. He saw seven to eight figures dressed in a black suit searching their way over.

The surrounding area were filled with boxes of all sizes. Some were empty, some had something inside. Victor looked at the small child hidden in the corner and gritted his teeth. Although the light were not very bright, if he ran out from where he was hidden, he would immediately be found.

The first thing he needed to do right now was to make sure the child and himself would not get caught before the police came over, if not, that group of people would surely began to kill them. Although he may know how to fight, his current body was still a child. Fighting against adults in terms of height and power would be like asking for death. The only thing he could count on was his brain, and his small body.

Looking at the people that began to walked closer and closer to where they were hiding, Victor looked at the small child in the corner and whispered, "Stay here, I'll draw those people away."

Hearing what the older boy said, Kaine widened his eyes before he shook his head. "I-I don't want to be alone."

Victor sighed, "Be good."

After saying that, Victor ran out from his hidding place. Multiple footsteps followed after him. "Get that child!" One of the man shouted.

Looking back, Victor counted the figures. [one, two, three....Not good! Only five?! Then the other three....] Victor looked towards the place where the child was hidding. The three men was walking around the area where the child was hidden.

As expected, few seconds later a man found the child. "There's another annoying kid here."

A/N: The next chapter will be the continuation of this chapter. Hope you enjoy it!