Chapter 25

I am very sorry for not updating in a very long time. I have no excuse for my laziness and I know that I am not a very responsible author. I still want to thank those whose been reading this book, voting, as well as commenting. Thank you! Enjoy!

After organizing his plans for today, Kaine decided to wait for Edwin to come. Waiting, Kaine passed his time by writing more poems. His slender fingers moved through the white paper, creating a beautiful piece of work. Just as Kaine was about to write another word, he stopped as he looked up. He hesitated, but then spoke calmly in a voice that was neither loud or soft. "Has any of you ever been in love?" Kaine's voice resonated in the silent room.

The six men, who is sitting silently looked towards Kaine one by one. Their expressions carried a hint of surprise. No voice was heard, everyone was silent. Kaine, who asked the question immediately regreted his actions after the words left his mouth.

"Love?" A voice asked, bringing attention from all the people in the room. They all looked towards the voice. It was someone that was seated the farthest away from Kaine. He had a very pale skin, black hair and eyes, long legs, and he held no expression. Overall, he could be considered handsome. The man was Trevor, the least person Kaine expected to hear an answer from.

He was a quiet man and spoke without long words. Very loyal, obedient, and respectful. That was what Kaine thought about him. "Have you had any experience with it?" Kaine spoke very casually. He (Kaine) was actually very curious about this man.

Once again, the room turned quiet. Just as Trevor was about to reply, they were interrupted with the maids sudden intrusion. "Young master Edwin is here, master." The maid bowed.

Kaine got up with no words as he walked away with the maid to greet Edwin. Meanwhile, the six bodyguards are still seated. No one moved or talked. They all seated silently doing their own things.

————

"Welcome to my manor." Kaine said very dully.

Edwin saw Kaine with a very dull face and couldn't help but say, "Are you really welcoming me? Can't you smile?"

"....."

"Did you find anything?" Kaine asked as he led Edwin inside.

Instead of replying, Edwin asked Kaine about another matter. "What's this I hear about you sending someone to me?"