Chapter 16

This is another chapter! Yes, it is short. I've decided to make another chapter today to apologize for the last chapter being short. Please enjoy this chapter even though it's very short!😔

Last Chapter: "Poems? Let me see!" Lance took the book quickly as his heart began to have suspicions. He flipped through the pages trying to find a certain poem he heard in his dream.

————

As the two were discussing about Kaine, Kaine was enjoying his talk with Edwin. They were seated in a five star restaurant. The restaurant has an elegant atmosphere with a lot of people from enfluental family or wealthy family. The decoration in their table was simple but elegant, with a bit of exquisitenes.

"Why did you take me to have this special lunch?" Edwin smirked as he asked. His childish behaviour was long gone, replaced by a cold aura.

"Who knows? Just curious?" Kaine answered Edwin without any change in his expression. Kaine was still calm and maintained his image with an elegant demeanour.

"And what would that be?" Edwin looked at Kaine.

"What is your relationship with Zaff... or should I say, Joseph?" Kaine smiled, but unfortunately, it didn't nearly reached his eyes.

The moment Edwin heard the name, his gaze turned sharp as he looked towards Kaine. "I don't think it's your business."

Hearing what the man said, Kaine laughed. "Hmm? Is that so?"

"If that's the only thing you're going to ask, then I have no need to stay here." 

"No, that's not the only thing I want to ask." Kaine spoke calmly.

"I want you to research about Lance Raymond. His connections, his people, and track what he's been doing. Oh and if you could, find out if he's been in contact with that family." Kaine spoke again before the other could interrupt him.

"Am I your secret agent or something? Why in the world would you want such information about that guy?" Edwin asked suspiciously.

"Not your business." Kaine smiled.

Truthfully, Edwin wasn't too pleased that the other was ordering him, but he decided that he would let this one passed since he was the one who told him (Kaine) he can rely on him. "It's not impossible. But I'm not sure if I could track all the things he's doing."

"That's good enough." Kaine paused, then continued. "What about the last one?"

"Which family do you mean by that  family?"

Kaine looked toward Edwin and whispered into his ears. After Kaine told the other, Edwin jumped in surprise. "What?! How and why would he be in contact with that family?!"

"Can you do it or not?" Kaine asked Edwin coldly.

Realising that he's been out of line he nodded. "I'll come to see you when I find out." 

After they're finished with their conversation, they left without touching the food on the table.

————

Short right?! Sorry...😓