Chapter 33

Perhaps it was because of trauma or because of something he didn't want to remember, but when Kaine woke up, he couldn't remember what happen in the incident, or anything regarding the incident. Kaine's family felt glad that Kaine was still alive and well.They even thought that Kaine's amnesia might even be good for him.

On Victor's side of the story, his family tried to cover up about the incident and investigated it. The people that came to save Victor and Kaine before was actually from Victor's family.

————

After Kaine met up with Lance, he went straight home. He looked at the notebook and sighed. This reminded him of the past, the past he hated, the past he tried to change.

In the end, what was all of it for? What was his life for? In his current life, he knew he needed to find the truth about that betrayal. But what of his previous life? Is it to suffer? To fall into despair?

Kaine closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes, the calmness returned. His eyes were as deep as a bottomless pit without any emotions.

"In the end, the best way not to get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one, right?" Kaine muttered to himself. He didn't know that at this time, the emotions he tried hard to conceal were revealed. His eyes had a hint of sorrow.

Knock knock knock

Hearing the knocking sound, Kaine calm himself down and said, "Come in."

The maid bowed before saying, "This is for you, master."

Kaine nodded and waved his hands. He looked at the envelope in his hands and felt that something bad is going happen. Carefully opening the envelope, Kaine looked at the contents. He didn't understand what this was for nor did he knew who sent it to him.

The contents of the envelope were names. It didn't have anything and there was only names. He didn't recognize any of this names, Kaine stayed silent and looked carefully at the paper and the envelope.

After scanning for sometime, Kaine's eyes turned sharp. He found a secret message. If a person did not look carefully, then they would have never noticed it. He read the message and his face turned dark.

Be careful of these dangerous wolves that are trying to eat you~

From your secret admirer. (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜

Hehehe!