Chapter 32

A/N: Sorry for all the swearing in this chapter...

When Kaine was dragged by the men, he tried to break free by struggling. But seeing that this method didn't work, he bit the man's hand.

"F*ck!" The man hissed in pain.

Taking this chance, Kaine began to run as fast as he can with his short legs but was caught few seconds after he broke free. Once again, Kaine was held in place by another person. When he looked up, he saw a hand coming towards him. He tried to scream for help, but no voice came out. He closed his eyes as tears came out. The pain he expected never came.

When Kaine opened his eyes, he was held in a warm embrace. Perhaps it was because he was still young, or perhaps it was because Victor saved him in that moment of desperation, but at that moment, he swore to himself that if they had the chance to meet again in the future, he would repay the boy hundred times fold. He would give the boy anything he wanted... even his life.

"B-brother!" Kaine shouted in happiness.

"Let's run!"

With few figures chasing after them, they took many swifts turns. After running for a while, they finally reached a dead end. Turning around, both kids heard multiple of footsteps approaching before seeing the dark figures.

Seeing the two kids, one of the man grinned and said, "We've finally got you! You annoying brats won't be able to run anywhere this time."

Every second, the man kept getting closer. Victor looked at the remaining figures standing in a line guarding the escape route, looking at them closely enough to make holes.

The man was holding a half smashed bottle and ready to hit them. Faced with no other choice, Victor could only grit his teeth and stand in front of Kaine to take the hit.

SMASH

"Augh!" Victor shouted with agony.

Pieces of glass fell to the ground. Warm blood flowed out of Victor's head continuously. Several cuts from the broken glass was also made at Victor's arm. He could feel himself getting dizzy, before passing out, he looked towards Kaine and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Brother!"

"Look, if you don't f*cking listen to what I have to say, you'll end up like that f*cking b*tch!" The man yelled with a hoarse voice.

Kaine looked at the man with anger in his gaze. He turned his head to find an extremely old metal pipe. He ran at full speed getting the pipe and tried to hit the man. It was a bit heavy but he hit as hard as he could.

Receiving an unexpected attack, the man retreated few steps back before regaining his balance.

"F*cking brat! Get him!" The man signed the others.

The other figures started to move towards Kaine, but before they could go any closer, they were interrupted by the shootings of the gun.

"Ahh!" The figures shouted in agony.

When Kaine first heard the banging sound, he crouched down to hug Victor hoping to protect the boy with his small body. When he thought things were going to be over, he felt pain coming from behind his back. He had been shot!

Everything turned blurry and he blacked out.