Chapter 22

Here you go! Enjoy!😚

Before Kaine got out of the car, he told the driver, "No need to pick me up."

With that, he headed to the manor. When his grandpa got the news that Kaine was there, the old Alfred immediately rushed out to greet Kaine personally.

"Grandpa!" Kaine smiled and hugged his grandpa.

"Look who's here! It's my little grandson!" Old Alfred took Kaine inside.

"I'm not little anymore, grandpa!" Kaine jokes.

When Kaine came inside, he found that the place was still how he remembered. From the furnitures to the servants that served his grandpa, all was still the same. From across of where Kaine stands, he could see a painting that could be considered as good. From his face, the corner of his lips curved up as he looked towards his grandpa, "Grandpa, you still have that painting? I could always make you a new one!"

"Hmm? That painting was the painting you made me when you were only 10! You could be considered as a genius at that age, but you said that you wouldn't want to become a professional! Hmph! A waste of your talent!" Old Alfred lamented.

"You know that I don't paint to sell." Kaine slightly smiled.

"Mnn, what brought you here?" The old Alfred suddenly looked serious.

"I want to have a position in the company." Kaine cut straight to the point.

Old Alfred eyes got wider and frowned as he listened to Kaine's word. "You didn't want that before. Why now?"

"To protect those who I care about." Kaine looked at the other without a hint of pressure.

Suddenly, the old Alfred laughed out loud, "Hahaha, you've really grown up. But can you do it, Kaine?"

Kaine, "I won't know until I try but I have confidence that I could do it."

Old Alfred, "Good. Good. I'll arrange that."

Kaine, "Oh- and grandpa, do you have a recommendation for bodyguards that could be loyal only to me?"

Old Alfred, "You've really grown up. I'll send the best to you. You should know that they won't just be loyal to you just because you're their master. You need to earn their respect."

Kaine, "En, I know. Thanks grandpa!"

————

The next day, Kaine got six men sent to him. "State your names." Kaine asked with some pressure.

One of the man that seemed like a gangster answered. "You should know, kid. We have no names."

Kaine already expected that the bodyguards sent by his grandpa wouldn't have any respect towards him unless he proves himself. They were probably raised and cultivated by his grandpa personally, knowing how to kill without hesitation. "I see. I'll name you all later, but before that— you! I want you to try to kill me." Kaine pointed at the man that just spoke.

"Huh? Kill you?" The man was confused but then grinned. He charged at Kaine but before the man can touch him, he fell to the ground as Kaine grabbed the man's hand with one hand and the other on the other's neck.

"You underestimated me. You should know that you shouldn't underestimate your opponent no matter who they are. I am Kaine, and I will be your new master. You shall protect me even if it cause your life, any objections?" Kaine stood up.

"No, master!" All six showed respect towards Kaine.

"Good. From the right to the left, I shal name you: Logan, Cruz, Lukas, Trevor, Josh, and you shall be called Zack as well as their new leader." Kaine pointed at the men to the last left side. "Do you all have any objections?"

"No, master! We shall give our loyalty to the master!"

"Hear my first command. Your safety priorities will be first after mine and not my orders unless I say so. Do not abandon your comrades. Remember that although I am your master, we are brothers. And you all must not betray me! Do you understand?" Kaine looked at each of them.

"Yes!" All responded.

"I do wonder about something. I know that you're young and all but why are you all so handsome? Oh and you don't really need to be formal with me, think of me as a friend. But do behave yourselves in front of people."

"....."