Prologue*

DISCLAIMER. All rights for canon characters and settings that are not my own go to the amazing J.K. Rowling. This book will have some sexual abusive scenes/memories, but I'll never get into too much detail. If there is one of those scenes in the chapter I will give you a warning beforehand. If you aren't comfortable with it, please skip to the next chapter. (There's a memory in the prologue).

Where would everybody be, and what would they be doing after the war?

That was a common question asked during the year that Severus Snape was Headmaster of Hogwarts. Some witches and wizards envisioned the Dark Lord controlling everybody, and Harry Potter would be dead. Others had hope that Harry would win in the end. And those very few others, were correct.

However what nobody could foresee, was the large conflicts that would take place between the "Golden Trio". One was being abused by another, while the remaining person was struggling to keep them all together.

On a gloomy and rainy day, children were taken inside to play, and happy moods were dampened. But none was in a worse mood than one of the best witches of her time, Hermione Granger.

"Ron stop it." Hermione warned and smacked away his sweaty hand that was trying to snake its way up her shirt. The red head had been trying to get her alone with him all day.

"Come on Hermione. I just want to have some fun." He complained and pulled on her slender arm towards his room.

"I told you I don't want to. For goodness sake Ronald stop being so needy. I'm going to go read and I suggest you do something productive with your life as well." Hermione tossed her bushy brown hair over her shoulder, and turned away from him.

"Fine. If that's the way you want it." Ron forcefully slung her over his shoulder and tossed her on the floor of his room. He's done this many times before and she knew what was coming.

Hermione fell with a thud onto the floor. Tears pricked her chocolate colored eyes but she blinked them back furiously, refusing to let him see her pain. When their relationship began he cared about her and loved her. Respected her even-but not anymore. A little bit after the war ended he got sick of her not wanting to do anything other than cuddle or read books and decided he wanted to make a few changes in their "physical action". It was like he transformed into a completely different person.

"Get on the bed." Ron demanded. He gave her a slight kick to help her in the right direction, and started to pull her shirt up revealing her scars and bruises she had from when she would try to resist-or if he just felt like it. Hermione shot him a look of pure venom.

Before he knew what was happening, she sprang up and punched his face. Too many times has this happened before, and too many times has she gone along with it. It was time for her to have a say.

"I'm sick of being your pet. I thought you loved me. How stupid I was. You're so selfish and arrogant, maybe even more so than Malfoy! So if you don't change you can leave me alone." Hermione stomped on his large foot for good measure, and stepped outside of the room.

A cold shiver like a winter wind ran through her body. Hermione felt Ron's hands on her waist and his fingers felt like thorns as he dug them in to hold her close. He hovered his head just above her shoulder so his lips were beside her ears. "You remember what'll happen if you tell anyone right?"

Helplessness washed over her as she remembered. A week or so after the battle had ended, Ron said if she ever told someone about what was going on between them, he would kill Harry and frame it on her. Even if he couldn't find a way to frame Hermione, she didn't want Harry dead and knew it wouldn't be that hard for Ron to do that as Harry trusted him.

"Yes I do." Hermione said quietly. She could feel the blood rushing to her face in anger, and clenched her jaw.

"Good girl. That's why we'll tell everyone I broke up with you because you cheated on me. You understand?" He growled.

Hermione could only nod. "I hate you." She whispered.

"Oh don't worry. I know. And just remember, nobody will believe you if you try and tell someone about this." Ron shoved her down the stairs and went back in his room. Trying to act casual, Hermione walked swiftly out the front door.

Once she cleared it, she sprinted to a tree nearby. Hermione collapsed in tears. She wasn't the strong woman she once was before, or at least didn't feel like it. She felt broken inside, like shards of glass were pressing into her heart. How could she have been so foolish? Why didn't she try to say anything before, or fight back like how she did today?

Hermione then thought of the time when they actually loved each other. Why did he have to turn on her? Ron was supposed to be her happily ever after. Despairingly she told herself she would never love again.

But sometimes...love finds you.