Chapter eighteen*

"Hermione." Draco shook her shoulder. She must've forgotten to set her alarm.

"Hmm?" She stretched and let out a massive yawn.

"Time to get up for breakfast." He left her room to go change, and she got up to get ready for the day.

Hermione put her Gryffindor robes on over a black tank top, pinned on her head girl badge, and put on some black leggings. She didn't even bother trying to brush her hair, and went into the bathroom to get washed up.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked, amused at the sight in front of her. Draco was currently stuck with two shirts around his neck and head as if he was trying to take one off and put another on at the same time.

"I think I'm a bit stuck." Draco's voice came out muffled.

"Oh my goodness. Let me help." Hermione sighed and walked up next to him. She smacked his arms which were attempting to help and made him put them straight up. She quickly helped him untangle the shirts and put on the right one.

"Thanks." He muttered. He quickly put on his robes and finished getting ready. Thank God that glamour charm was still working well. It went away once he was fully asleep, but came back as the sun rose in the morning or when he woke up. Whichever one came first. Naps during the day didn't count either much to his relief. Everyone in his classes would know if it did.

"Time to go." Hermione shoved him out the bathroom to go downstairs since he was trying to fix his hair and she deemed it was satisfactory.

"Hey." He complained.

"You were taking too long." Hermione shrugged.

"My hair looks bad."

"It looks fine. Let's go." Hermione checked her watch. "See look what you've done! We're going to be late!" She complained as they went out of the door.

"No we won't." Draco scooped her up into his arms and ran down the flights of stairs to reach the great hall. Hermione laughed as her hair blew into Draco's face making him temporarily blind.

"I didn't agree to this."

"Did I ask?" Draco asked haughtily and came to a screeching halt as he almost ran past their destination. He gently set her down and patted her hair a little so it looked less poofy.

"Aren't you tired now?" Hermione raised an eyebrow at how calm he seemed.

"No. You were as light as a feather. And we aren't late." He smirked.

"Oh shut up." Hermione shook her head and they entered the hall.

"Mr. Malfoy, and Ms. Granger. Just the two I wanted to see." Humfrey approached them in casual light grey robes, and visible striped socks.

"Did you need something?" Hermione asked, innocently pretending they didn't just break school rules by running down the stairs and through the halls.

"You'll be a referee for the quidditch trials as well as the marches. Madam Hooch can't do all of it on her own. We would ask Mr. Malfoy but he's trying out for the team."

"Oh I really don't think that's a good idea. I'm a horrible flier-"

"You'll learn. I'm sure Mr. Malfoy will be happy to show you how." Humfrey looked expectantly at Draco.

"Sure." He shrugged.

"Excellent!" Humfrey beamed, and clapped his hands together happily. "I expect to see you both ready and on the field by 9:30."

"But sir, that only gives me thirty minutes after breakfast to get her comfortable with flying." Draco frowned.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." He beamed, and left to go eat. Hermione could've sworn she saw him wink at Draco.

"Eat quickly so we can get you on a broom as soon as possible." Draco was racking through his brain trying to remember how he began flying. Unfortunately all he could come up with was his father putting him on, and pushing him off the ground. And then him falling from the sky smashing into the ground like a pancake - he'd have to come up with something else.

Before she knew it, Hermione was on the field, and gripped her broom so tightly her knuckles went white while Draco was trying to get her to relax. "Just like that uhh socre muggle game." He tried to relate it to something she was already familiar with.

"It's soccer, and in that game your feet are firmly on the ground." She said defiantly. Almost dying on a broom in the room of requirement which was set on fire was enough to get her to stop flying.

"Hermione we've been here for ten minutes and you haven't even gone into the air yet. How about I take you for a quick ride?" He offered.

"Fine." Hermione grumbled. She dropped her broom on the ground and climbed behind Draco. He coughed as she wrapped her arms around his waist tightly.

"Don't let go." He said sarcastically.

"Shut u-" before she could get the last word out of her mouth he took off and rocketed into the air. He did a few laps around the pitch, a few loops, and touched back down on the ground. Hermione had to admit it felt great.

"Well that was fun. Your turn." Draco smirked.

"What do I do?" Hermione stared at the broom as if it was supposed to do something.

"This isn't the first time you're flying a broom by yourself. Call it to your hand." Draco advised, remembering that was the first thing they did in flying class.

"It's okay I'll just pick it up." Hermione's cheeks flushed as she remembered she was never able to summon it to her hand by saying "up". She had to use a summoning charm back in their first year.

"Okay. Now just mount it and take off like you remember." Draco instructed. Getting her willingly off the ground would be his biggest obstacle. Once she was in the air she would remember flying from muscle memory.

"What if I fall off?" Hermione stalled.

"Hey." He turned her to look him in the eye. She flinched at the contact but he presumed she was just startled. "You'll be fine. I promise. I'll be here to catch you if you fall."

"Haha. Very funny." Hermione shook her head and focused back on the broom. She took a deep breath, and pushed off of the ground. As soon as she was in the air everything flooded back to her. She suddenly remembered all of the lessons from first year, and her secret practices trying to figure out how to fly while everyone else was eating. She always said she was going to study, but in reality she went outside and practiced on a school broom.

"You did it. Now was that so hard?" He teased.

"Shush. I was amazing." Hermione flipped her hair over her shoulder dramatically.

"You're right that was great! Now you just have to be in the air with actual players and ref them." Draco smirked. Hermione groaned as the first school began to emerge from the doors, broomsticks in hand. This was the beginning of what would be a very long day.