Chapter thirty five*

"So we're doing what exactly?" Ron asked.

"Trying to jog Hermione's suppressed memories. Starting by taking her through her first year." Professor McGonagall informed as they walked towards the hospital wing. She had asked Harry, Draco, and Ron to come.

"Starting from where?" Harry asked.

"The train." Professor McGonagall said matter of factly.

"So we just tell her what happened and hope she remembers?" Draco asked doubtfully.

"Pretty much."

"And when we finish?"

"Keep moving on in the year. Bring up as many memories as you can think of."

"Are you going to stay inside with us?" Ron inquired.

"Yes." Professor McGonagall opened the doors to the hospital wing and they entered. Hermione appeared to be wide awake and looked at them suspiciously through narrowed eyes.

"What do you want now?" Hermione glared. She had figured out her glamour charm again, and the scars and bruises could not be seen.

"Remember how you couldn't tell me much about yourself?" Professor McGonagall said slowly, taking care to not make Hermione feel attacked.

"Yes." Hermione felt a pang of confusion. Why couldn't she remember anything?

"These people were with you during your first year of Hogwarts." Professor McGonagall gestured to the people around her. "They're going to take you through that year and the memories that you guys have."

"So I guess we'll start then." Harry shrugged. "I'll start with the first time I met you. We were on the train, and Ron and I were sitting by ourselves. Just as was about to turn Scabbers yellow, you walked in asking if anyone had seen a toad."

"It was for Neville's toad. And after I failed, you said all of your practicing has worked for you. Then you introduced yourself to us. That your name was Hermione Granger." Ron smiled at the memory.

"When we got to Hogwarts we rode in boats and were taken inside." said Harry.

"I led you into the Great Hall to get sorted." Professor McGonagall cut in. "And very quickly the hat chose to place you in Gryffindor."

"Yes. But I should've been placed in Slytherin." Hermione interrupted.

"Trust me. Be glad you weren't." Draco assured her.

"And who are you?" Hermione raised an eyebrow.

"Draco Malfoy." He said confidently.

"Wait." Hermione leaned forward in her bed and studied him. "I remember...it's so fuzzy." She shook her head.

"Maybe try and explain parts of what you remember?" Professor McGonagall prompted.

"There was fire...broomsticks I think...and your face. That's all I remember." Hermione shrugged.

"Maybe you're thinking of the room of requirement." Harry frowned.

"Why would I remember his face from it?" Hermione gestured to Draco.

"Because you saved my life." Draco said quietly.

"No. Why would I help save you and work with them after all the things you guys did to me?"

"Those "memories" you have of us treating you badly aren't real. They didn't really happen." said Harry.

"So you're saying we were - good friends throughout Hogwarts?" Hermione raised an eyebrow.