Chapter two*

"Breakfast!" Molly called up the stairs. She had started to make it as soon as they got back into the house after the Hogwarts letters had been delivered. A sweet smelling aroma floated from the kitchen through the house, reaching every corner of it.

Harry of course, had gotten captain of the Quidditch team and seemed quite happy with himself. Oddly it didn't say Gryffindor on it, but they assumed it was a mistake when writing the letter.  He and Ginny were currently in a locked room together doing who knows what, and Ron was nowhere to be seen.

"Coming!" Hermione called. She finished the last page of the book she was on — or maybe last three — actually make that the last chapter —then finally went down the stairs.

"Wow what's this? There's so much!" Harry asked delightedly. He had come down behind her with hair even messier hair than usual.

"It's a celebratory breakfast congratulating you and Hermione on your official roles at Hogwarts." Molly beamed.

"Thank you so much!" Hermione smiled.

All of a sudden the door swung open to reveal Ron. The warm environment seemed to have been popped like a bubble, and left Hermione feeling tense.

"Hermione!" Ron ran up to her and hugged her. Hermione's heart froze at the contact, and she suddenly had a flashback to the first time he took advantage of her after the war.

"Get off me!" Hermione shrieked and shoved him away.

"What was that for?" Ron looked genuinely hurt. As if he didn't know what he'd been doing to her for pretty much the whole summer.

"Do you want me to tell them?"

"Tell them what?"

"You... hurt me Ronald." Hermione's voice broke as she spoke, but refused to say the full truth. The way of how he hurt her. Everyone looked confused as to what she was referring to.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ron frowned.

"I mean the breakup was probably tough on both of you but you can't act this aggressive to Ron." Harry frowned. "You were the one who cheated on him after all, Hermione."

"You cheated on me?"

"Do you truly not recall what happened between us? Starting a week after the battle?" Hermione felt tears pricking her eyes.

"What do you mean? Hermione are you feeling alright? The battle just ended two days ago. I didn't break up with you. I didn't even know you cheated on me until just now." Ron shook his head.

"What's going on? Ron you're joking right?" Ginny frowned.

"It's August second. Harry's birthday was two days ago. We had a huge celebration don't you remember? You were in a bad mood that day." Fred reminded.

"No I have no idea what you're talking about. I just woke up a few minutes ago on the grass. I went outside to play quidditch. Guess I didn't make it to the actual playing part and fell asleep instead." There was honesty in his eyes. So either he truly believed he didn't do it, or the person over the summer wasn't him at all.

"Don't lie to me. You're dating Cho out of all people right now. You blackmailed me using Harry! You took advantage of my love for you. And you don't remember it at all." Hermione shook her head incredulously and walked up the stairs, leaving behind a very bewildered family. She closed the door quite loudly, but didn't slam it as she didn't want the house to break.

After taking many deep, and calming breaths, she grabbed a book and sat down on the bed. How could he try and pretend like he didn't know? Unless it was some impostor taking the polyjuice potion to be him. She shook away the many thoughts looming in her head, and focused on reading the book.

"Hermione?" Harry knocked on the door softly. Hermione cast a heat signature spell and saw it was just him.

"Come in." Hermione sighed and cast her book to the side as she figured she wouldn't be able to do any reading while they were talking.

The door creaked open and Harry walked in. 

"Hey." Harry said quietly and sat at the edge of her bed.

"Hi." Hermione looked down, not sure what to say.

"What exactly happened?" Harry broke the silence.

"He threatened me." Hermione whispered.

"How?" 

"He said if I told anybody what happened between us, he would kill you and then frame it on me. Even if he didn't find a way to do that, I knew it wouldn't be hard for him to just kill you since you trust being near him."

"What did he do to you that he'd say something like that? It's very unlike him." Harry frowned.

"I - I can't say." Hermione looked away from them suddenly feeling ashamed.

"Hermione I can't do anything if you don't tell us what happened."Harry ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

"I can't." Hermione whispered. Now that the moment came where she could tell somebody what happened, she suddenly couldn't do it.

"I don't know what to say. I know you wouldn't make a big fuss about something small, but if I don't know what happened I can't fix it."

"Then don't do anything." Hermione turned away from her best friend and looked out the window instead.

"What would explain Ron thinking it was only the second day after the battle?" Harry thought aloud.

"Don't ask me." Hermione sighed. 

"Either he was trying to cover up whatever happened or he's genuinely confused. I'm going to go have a talk with him." Harry got up and cast one last look at Hermione. "If you're ever ready to tell me, I'll be waiting...I'm always here for you Hermione." he then exited the room leaving Hermione alone.

Hermione felt tears beginning to form in her eyes, and pushed them back as she learned to do many times over the summer. Nobody would believe her even if she did try to say what happened. She decided the best thing to do was just to let it be, and move forward. There was no other option better than that.