Chapter forty five*

"What's going on between you two?" Harry demanded.

"Harry please. Not now." Hermione pleaded, and wrapped Draco's robes tighter around her.

"Hermione do you not remember everything he's done to you?" Harry demanded.

"It's not all his fault." Hermione protested.

"No, Hermione. He needs to get this out and I need to be responsible for my decisions. It doesn't matter how I was influenced." Draco said.

"So you forgive him for everything he's done to you?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." Hermione said honestly.

"Even though he called you a -"

"Yes Harry I did." Hermione said firmly.

"Why?"

"Did you not make up with Dudley in the end?" Hermione challenged.

"That was different." Harry said defensively.

"How?"

"What was he supposed to think? When he saw how his parents treated me. Being brought up as their precious little son while I was the rag to throw around."

"So why is Draco any different?"

"Well he - I mean - his parents weren't at Hogwarts were they?"

"His every move was scrutinized Harry. Especially with Crabbe and Goyle who were always with him and could tell their parents, who would undoubtedly tell Draco's parents."

"Hermione stop." Draco said quietly. "You don't need to defend me. He's right. I was horrible to you for all of our years at Hogwarts. I could have acted differently if I really wanted to."

"But your-" Hermione stopped at the look Draco gave her. She realized she was probably the only one he's told about what his father always did to him.

"I'm truly sorry about how I treated you and your friends. I was wrong, rude, and so self-centered that I didn't even consider how you guys felt. I don't expect you to forget about it and we move on as best friends. But I am asking for you to forgive me." Draco said sincerely.

"Are you sure this is Draco Malfoy?" Harry peered around the man to look at Hermione.

"Yes I'm sure." She nodded.

"Well - yes. I suppose I forgive you." said Harry.

"Not arch enemies?" Draco offered a hand.

"Not arch enemies." Harry laughed and shook his hand. "I suppose I'll leave you guys to talk." He leaned forward so only Draco could hear his next words. "If you hurt her, you're going to wish you've never been born."

"Trust me. If I do, I'm going to wish the same exact thing." Draco whispered back. 

Satisfied, Harry nodded and left the two alone.

"What did he say?" Hermione asked curiously.

"Don't worry about it." Draco smiled. "Let's get you cleaned up. Are you okay?" 

"I-I don't know." Hermione said. She looked down at her appearance and suddenly felt dirty, wrapping his robe even tighter around herself if that was possible.

And that's when it hit her.

Everything that's happened to her, the memories she's been trying to block, there was nothing else to occupy her mind now and she was being asked about it. After it had happened, she shut off all the memories and nobody knew so it was easier to forget about it. When it came out, she was under the curse. When she woke up from it, she was kidnapped and was trying to regain her memory back. Almost as soon as she did, she found out about the new threat of the coven and didn't think about it then either.