Chapter fifty

The mood had improved in the school since the game for all three schools had taken place. It had been a little over a month since then, and had gone by quite uneventfully, which Hermione and Draco weren't used to. In all of their years at Hogwarts there was never a quiet moment per-say. Kingsley said that the ministry had "dealt with" the coven, and that they wouldn't bother Hogwarts anymore. If that was really true - that was to be seen.

Hermione and Draco entered the Great Hall for dinner and all of the schools buzzed with excitement about the upcoming Yule ball. Hermione had already begun to plan out the decorations and extra details to make it run smoothly.

Draco was of little to no use to her as he had little taste in those types of things, but she had to admit he was very good at brushing through her hair. She had many late nights planning, and he would patiently sit on the couch and gently untangle her hair until she was done. It would get tangled all over again when she slept of course, but it was sweet all the same.

The adoption papers had finally gone through, and Hermione was officially Professor McGonagall's daughter. A small party was held for just a few people to celebrate, but it was nothing grand as neither one wanted much attention to be drawn to it. Both witches tended to be very private about their lives.

"Hermione!" Ginny was sitting with Luna, and waved her over.

"Yes?" Hermione left Draco's side and crossed the hall to her two friends.

"So we were thinking about some ideas for decorations and maybe a theme." Ginny started.

"I'm listening." Hermione sat down across from them.

"What if we did a masquerade ball?" Luna said excitedly. "There, nobody will know what school the other is from. So many new friendships could be formed!"

"That's actually a wonderful idea!" Hermione agreed. "I was thinking maybe a blue theme since it's happening in winter..."

The three talked excitedly and Luna drew out some more details. Hermione had missed talking to other friends like this. It was nice to reconnect and spend time together.

"This is great!" Hermione clapped her hands together at the progress that had been made. "I should probably go eat." she looked over to the Head table and was surprised to find Draco engaged in a conversation with Chris beside him. He had really made an attempt lately to interact with more people, and branch out.

"Do you want to meet in Hogsmeade sometime? We can talk about it more there." Ginny offered.

"Oh...I don't really like to leave the castle..." Hermione said awkwardly. She still hadn't told anybody what had happened over the summer. As Theodore hadn't been spotted since the night he came with the coven, no proper trial could be carried out.

"I prefer here too. Maybe we can do it in your dorm? I was hoping to find a Blubbering Humdinger! I could've sworn I saw one after the battle." said Luna, and Hermione looked at her gratefully.

"That sounds wonderful. I'll let you guys know when." Hermione assured, and waved goodbye.

"There's only five minutes left to eat." Draco commented as she took her seat.

"I'll be fine. I wasn't too hungry anyways." Hermione shrugged.

"You can eat later in our dorm." Draco said firmly.

"Whatever you say."

"What were you talking about?"

"Stuff for the Yule Ball. I think we may have a theme for it at last!"

"Nice." Draco nodded. "A lot of people are looking forward to it."

"I know. I just hope it will live up to their expectations. The last one we had was so fun!" Hermione smiled nervously.