Chapter thirty nine*

"Hermione I think it's time." Professor McGonagall announced, walking into the hospital wing as Hermione was finishing her book. 

It was almost dinner time. A few days had passed since she had first arrived back at Hogwarts, and Madam Pomfrey herself admitted going back to classes would be good for Hermione. The young witch had been restless with reading, being cooped up in one space.

"Time for what?" Hermione eyed her suspiciously.

"To go back to your dorm and resume your classes."

"No. I'm not ready." Hermione shook her head.

"You need to adjust to being around people again." Professor McGonagall pointed out. "And...I want you to try not taking the dreamless potion."

"Why?"

"You can't take that every night for the rest of your life. At some point you'll have to learn how to cope with your dreams."

"Fine. I'll just suffer outside of this hospital wing."

"Draco will help you I'm sure." Professor McGonagall assured.

"Do I have to go?"

"Come now Hermione. It isn't good for your health to not be moving around."

"I suppose." She sighed.

"Great. You can go to dinner now." Professor McGonagall handed Hermione her bag full of books. "And ask your Professors what you need to do to catch up."

"What? I don't even have my robes or anything."

"Here they are." Professor McGonagall reached into her "small" bag and pulled out Hermione's robes. "Draco is waiting for you outside." She patted Hermione's shoulder awkwardly and quickly left the room.

"What just happened?" Hermione looked down at her things like she didn't know what to do with them.

"You my dear, are going back to school." Madam Pomfrey smiled. "Admit it, you miss your classes."

"Whatever." Hermione muttered. 

She wore long black leggings, a white button up and her Gryffindor robes over it. She then cast her glamour charm to cover up the few scars still showing on her skin, and picked up her books. "I hope you're happy." She glared accusingly.

"Oh I am." Madam Pomfrey seemed quite unaffected from the look, and walked back into her office. 

"Hermione?" Draco looked up happily when she emerged.

"That's me." Hermione sighed, and began to lead the way to the Great Hall.

"Are you ready to eat with us again?" This was the most active Hermione had ever seen Draco.

"Not particularly." Hermione replied.

"Oh come on. I'm supposed to be the mood killer!" He complained.

"Guess we've switched roles." Hermione edged a little further away from Draco, seeing that he was getting closer to her.

"Well how have you been?"

"Marvelous." Hermione said sarcastically, and they entered the Great Hall. She froze seeing the amount of people in the room.

"Hey it's okay. Nobody's going to hurt you here." Draco whispered as if he could read her mind."

"I-I can't do this." Hermione felt her heart rate increasing rapidly and attempted to back out of the hall.

"I'll be right beside you. I won't let anything happen to you." Draco said gently and gave her a little nudge forward.