1.

Brooklyn

"Brooklyn, Bakari! Dinner is ready"!

I slowly got from my bed, closing my laptop. I walked out of my bedroom and into the bathroom. As I began to wash my hands, Bakari, my brother, rushed in almost knocking me over.

"Excuse me, but I was clearly here first Kari".

"Well, I'm sorry for not giving a fuck Brooklyn". He growled angrily.

With that being said, he continued washing his hands. After he was done, I simultaneously washed mine. After, I dried my hands proceeding down the steps. I made my way into the kitchen to find my mom setting the last plate down. I took my seat at the table as my dad came into the room.

"Hi my wonderful daughter, how was your day"? He greeted pecking my forehead.

"It was great dad, what about yours"? I smiled widely, making Kari scoff.

"Oh, it was manageable". He said making me nod.

"George dear, would you mind meeting me in the hallway"? Sara, my mom, motioned him over.

He excused himself from the dinner table exiting the room with my mom. I looked up at Bakari to see that he was already eating.

"We're always supposed to say grace". I reminded him making him glare at me.

"Do you ever shut the fuck up? Huh? Mind yo damn business". He hissed, continuing to eat his mashed potatoes.

I nodded embarrassed and pulled my hair behind my ear. Not to long after, my mom came back into the kitchen.

"Where's dad"? I asked making her ignore me.

I just left it alone and quietly said my grace. My mother and father were always arguing. I didn't know what for, but sometimes I felt it was about me. I always get that feeling that people are talking about me. That's why I always end up passing out or having an anxiety attack.

The doorbell rang, which caused me to go get it. As I opened the door, it revealed Aaliyah and Jay'Shaun. Aaliyah was my best friend and Jay'Shaun was Bakari right hand.

"Hey Brookie"! Aaliyah yelled jumping into my arms.

"Hey Liyah". I giggled.

"So no hug for me"? Jay'Shaun pouted.

I silently laughed giving him a quick hug. I closed the door and they followed me into the kitchen. My mom greeted them, which caused Kari to look up.

"Wassup Jay, Liyah". He grinned.

I felt Aaliyah nudge me.

"Hi Bakari, I was wondering if you could help me with um....". Liyah started.

I shook my head, Liyah always had a crush on my brother. I knew he kinda liked her too, but Amari would kill him. Amari is Bakari girlfriend. She's the kinda girl that pops up places and claims she was invited. We almost had an altercation on Kari and I birthday.

"Just stop trying, and don't you go with Mike"? Jay laughed making her huff.

"What is that supposed to mean"? She glared at him.