4.

Brooklyn

I sat patiently at the table drinking my green tea. I had been waiting on Bakari forever. I didn't want him to be mad. It's like I don't know who he is when he's angry. It's like he had split personalities.

The door dinged and there stood Bakari. He looked the around before his eyes landed on me. I smiled making him keep his permanent face. A mug.

He sat down staring at me.

"Sorry I–"

"I don't wanna hear it, try that bullshit again though Brooklyn". He said grabbing my blueberry muffin.

"Sorry, but I like your room. Did you decorate"? I asked.

He shook his head, "nah, Amari did".

"Well it really nice". I nodded.

I continued drinking my tea quietly. I was never uncomfortable around my brother. It actually feels good to sit and have a conversation with him. Bakari is one of those I don't care people. So like I said, I cherish moments like this.

"I love you". He said looking up at me.

I don't know what made him say that. It looked like he was serious, which made me smile.

"I love you too".

With that being said, he got up from the table walking away. I honestly didn't know what was wrong with him. Bakari always had mental issues. My parents didn't want him to get help, cause they didn't wanna risk anyone finding out about him. I personally, think the should reconsider.

The waiter came over and I gave her a tip. I grabbed my purse and car keys. I exited the Cafe walking to my white beamer.

Bakari and I both had the same car, just two different colors

Bakari and I both had the same car, just two different colors. Mines was white, and his was all black. I really didn't want a luxury car, but I'm grateful. I just don't want people thinking I'm better than them. I'm far from perfect.

I got in my car, driving 3 blocks down to the campus. I parked my car in the shade, and hopped out. I locked my doors heading into the girls dorm room building. I walked up the stairs, heading down the hallway to my room. As I turned the corner, I bumped into someone.

"Damn girl, watch where you going"! The guy growled.

I slowly stood up holding my head. He was the one who knocked me down!

"I'm sorry, but what are you doing in the girls dorm anyway"? I asked curiously.

"Mind yo business babe, but let me see your phone". He asked.