12.

Bakari

I woke up to find Amari laying next to me. I leaned over and pecked her forehead. After I came home, I just slept for the rest of the day. Amari cursed me out and cried. I let her though, cause I knew she was worried about me.

I slowly rose from my bed leaving my room. I closed the door and walked into the kitchen. Kevin was on his phone typing. I'm surprised his ass wasn't smokin. That's all he ever does.

"Wassup Basic Bakari". Kevin cracked.

"Nigga you lame as hell, but wassup". I laughed grabbing some orange juice.

"Nun, just trying to see how you feel about your sister fight". He sat up scratching his hair.

"Huh? What fight"? I asked confused.

"Nigga, yesterday Tina and Aaliyah jumped her. I heard she beat both of they asses though. Lil Brooke bumping that good gas". He laughed.

"You lying right? Talking bout my twin sister? I don't believe you, she wouldn't even hurt a fly". I said truthfully.

"It's a whole video man! Plus, I heard they got to fighting over Kashari". He chuckled.

What the fuck he mean they fought over Kashari? I told that nigga to stay the fuck away from my sister. Who the fuck he think he is? I guess I ain't make myself clear. But it's okay, because I can fix that.

"Over Kashari huh? Is he in his room"? I asked getting up.

Kevin smirked, "Yeah, he in there al'righ".

I walked over to his room busting the door open. He was knocked out sleep. I took his football off the dresser throwing it at him. I wanted to wake his bitch ass up. I ain't have time for the nigga to say I snuck him.

"Nigga the fuck you doing"? He sat up making me come up to him.

"Don't fucking talk to my sister or look at her! The fuck wrong with you? You can't hear my nigga"! I yelled making him stand up.

"Nigga I can do whatever the fuck I want. I slept with her already! What the fuck you gon do about it? Beat my ass"? He laughed making me punch him.

He tackled me to the ground as we both punched each other. I grabbed him by his shirt pushing him into the dresser. At that moment, I only saw black. I couldn't see anything else. It's like I couldn't hear or see anything.

~~~
I opened my eyes to be in the backseat of a cop car. I don't know what the fuck I did. I looked around and noticed Kashari was in the other car. I remembered what happened earlier which made me madder. I put my head down, hearing the same voices.

'Kill him Bakari! He forced your sister into sex! He even called you crazy! We don't let people like that walk this earth'

I looked over in the other car to see him yelling. I didn't know what he was saying, but it was bullshit. I kicked the car door open making everyone stare at me. It's like I didn't have any control over my body. I was someone totally different.

"What the hell? How he–What the–Get him"! The cop yelled as I walked over to the cop car Kashari was in.

I slammed my fists through the glass trying to grab him. An officer slammed me on the ground. I lifted my face a little to see my nose was bleeding. I wanted to kill them all. That's until I heard Jay'Shaun yelling.

"Don't hurt him dude! He has mental issues! That's my brother"! He yelled as a cop held him back.

My eyes became big and out of nowhere. I dropped to the ground. Its like I went weak in the knees. My chest tighten and I felt like I was gonna die. There's definitely something wrong with me.

Brooklyn

I sat in my hotel room studying. My TV was playing Riverdale and my radio played Rihanna; Love on the Brain. I'd occasionally look at my television, but I sung along to Rihanna. I've been studying since I got here last night. It was the only thing I felt like doing.

The way Kashari came at me last night was wrong. I didn't know what I had did to him. I try my hardest to make others happy, but I'm ruining myself in the long run. I decided for now, to look after Brooklyn only. I think that's the best option for now.

There was a knock at my door which surprised me. I didn't expect company at all. I looked through the peep hole to see Amari. It looked as if she'd been crying. I quickly opened the door.

"They took him"! She said as soon as I closed the door.

"What? Tell me what's wrong". I said grabbing her hand.

"Bakari! They took him to jail! Kashari too, they got to fighting this morning. Bakari went crazy, and they took them both to jail"! She sobbed.

I hugged her, slipping on my shoes. I didn't have my phone, so I just grabbed my key card. Amari walked ahead of me and I closed the door. It instantly locked and we walked outside to her car. She kept shaking and crying.

I hated she was feeling so bad. I wanted to help her out. I knew she truly loves Bakari.

~~~~

"Thank you officer, I really appreciate it". I sighed as Amari hugged Bakari.

He nodded before walking away. I begged and pleaded spending half of my money. I didn't just get Bakari out of jail. I got Kashari too. I didn't wanna leave him in there forever.

"I got him Brooke, we're gonna go and get some coffee, you coming"? Amari asked holding Bakari hand.

"No, I have to study. I'll check with y'all later". I said making Bakari nod.

I grabbed my purse walking out to my car. Not even seconds later, Kashari came out yelling my name. I sighed turning around.

"Yes"? I asked annoyed.

"Damn, why the attitude? I just came to apologize to yo fake ass". He said bawling his face up.

"Kashari how am I fake huh? I just don't understand how I'm fake"! I yelled throwing my purse in my car.

"Nah, don't worry about it. You have a nice day". He said walking away.

I walked up to him grabbing his arm. He glared at me turning around.

"Goddmannit Kashari! I just asked you a fucking question and I want you to fucking answer it"! I yelled beyond pissed.

He stared at me with a frown on his face. I knew I had cursed, and I was honestly disappointed. It was just that I couldn't take anymore of his mess. If he didn't have a problem with me, someone else did.

"You bad now huh? I'm just telling you this, if you gon talk shit about me, make sure you do it right next time. Had me thinking you weren't that stupid and naive. Actually, you're everything I thought when I first met you"! He said making me put my head down.

"You know what, have a nice day Kashari. All I ever did was be nice to you. Even after you treated me like a dog! I just got you outta jail, and you gon do me like this"! I yelled opening my car door.

I got in my car slamming the door. I put the key in the ignition speeding away. I sobbed all loudly and ugly. I'm pretty sure people in other cars were laughing at me. I just couldn't take it anymore though, I wanted to be stronger than I was.