29.

Brooklyn

April 5, Biology Class

"We will take finals on the 15th. I hope you all have prepared some notes to study over". Professor Hendricks smiled.

I nodded before raising my hand. He looked over at me and cheesed. "Ms.Hemmings, what's the question"?

"Oh um, I was just wondering if, nevermind". I blushed nervously.

He gave me a smile. "Yes ma'am".

He turned around and continued teaching. I looked at my watch and noticed class was gonna be over in 5 minutes. I started packing up my things, since Justin texted me to meet him. I was so stressed, and I needed to see my boyfriend. Although he was a little annoyed with me this morning.

"Okay, I'm pretty sure that you all have things to do. So, you may be dismissed. See you tomorrow at 3pm". Professor Hendrix smiled.

Everyone got up gathering their things. I quickly picked up my books and started my way towards the door.

"Brooklyn Hemmings, please stay behind". He called.

I didn't know what he wanted. I hated being held back by teachers. It was never good. I quickly sat my stuff on my chair and walked to the front. I walked over to his desk taking a seat.

"Yes sir"? I asked nervously.

Prof. Hendrix took a seat. "I've noticed that you haven't been yourself lately. You're more so concerned with the time rather your work".

I sighed. "I've been going through some things. I'm so sorry if you feel I don't take your class seriously. I really apologize".

"It's fine. I just need you ahead of your game. You have a lot of potential. That is gonna get you to see many wonderful things in life". He stared at me.

"Yes sir Professor Hendrix. But how'd you notice I was off"? I asked confused.

"Please, call me Johnathan". He smiled. "But um, I've just been studying you for these past couple of days. And it's like you're not as happy".

I blushed a bit. "Oh, I'm so Mr. Johnathan–"

"Just Johnathan. Or either John for short".

I nodded, "Thanks. But I really should get going now".

"No problem. Thanks for your time". He grabbed my hand.

I smiled, "Likewise".

I got up from the chair, grabbing my books. I quickly left the classroom heading to my dorm. I kept sighing and looking at my watch. I told Justin to meet me 10 minutes ago. He's probably p'd off that I'm not even there.

I quickly unlocked the door to my dorm and went inside. Cameryn and Tasha was in the kitchen talking loudly. I walked past them heading to my room, but was quickly stopped by Cam.

"Hey Brooklyn. I invited your boyfriend in. He's waiting in your room". She informed.

I nodded, "Thanks Cam".