40.

Omniscient

Brooklyn laid in the corner of the dark room, shaking. The sound of gunshots had stopped a while ago, and all she could think about was Kashari. She knew that he was in building along with her, being the fact that she had followed him.

Brooklyn's intentions were to help Kashari out of this mess. Instead, she made the situation worse by calling her father. She thought, that her father was gonna help her out. Instead, he made his boys lock her up until he finished Kashari off.

George Hemmings, a Brain Surgeon, an a undercover Kingpin. He had been in the gang longer than anyone expected. Not even his wife knew about his second life. He didn't plan on anybody finding out, but that changed once Brooklyn started dating Kashari. His plan was to have Kashari killed, since he knew that he was gonna come after him anyways.

Don Gerinald, a sneaky fake gang leader. The whole time, Don has been working for George. No one knew, since he supposedly had so much 'hatred' towards him. It was all an act, to lead Kashari into a death bed. That's why he wanted Kashari to come after George, alone.

Brooklyn

I looked up, as the door was pulled open. There stood both my dad, and one of his workers. I slowly got up from the floor, heading over to him. Once I was fully out the door, I hugged him. I let my tears stain his jacket as I thought of the worse.

"I-I tried Brooklyn". He sniffled, "I tried to help your boyfriend, but–"

"No". I shook my head, "don't tell me–"

He cut me off by walking me downstairs to this room. He cut the light on making me look around. My knees instantly fell weak as I saw Kashari laid in a pool of blood. I thought that I was gonna die, literally.

"No"! I screamed running towards him. I dropped to the floor grabbing ahold of his hands, "Baby, wake up! C'mon Kashari, wake up"!

I pulled him on to my lap as tears poured from my eyes. I caressed his face softly, trying not to pass out. I slowly grabbed his wrist, checking for a pulse. I bawled up my face in confusion, as I was able to find one. A smile crept upon my face, nursing school came in handy.

"Dad! I found a pulse, come on! If we get him to the hospital right away, he'd be okay"! I said tryna lift Kashari upon.

"What? T-This can't be! I fucking shot him"!

I let go of Kashari and slowly stood up to face my Dad.

"What?"

"I said, I fucking shot him"! He growled at me.

My heart sank, it felt broken. This was not the person I knew. My Dad was a kind, hardworking man. This had to be a dream, because my Dad would never kill anyone. He's a doctor for crying out loud! He helps people!

"Tell me what's going on Dad! I wanna know the fucking truth"! I yelled angrily.

He grabbed ahold of my neck, making me swing on him. He hit me in the face before dropping me on the ground.

"Listen, I love you Brooklyn. You're my only daughter, but you need to stay in you fucking place. I don't care how old you get, you will not talk to me like you don't have any since"! He yelled.