22.

Brooklyn
Thursday, December 24

I rubbed my eyes sitting up. I was so tired, and hurt. I was just so heartbroken. I think I made the right decision though. There's no need to break up a happy home. I don't wanna be a rebound neither.

I got up from my bed going downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and it went quiet, again.

"Oh dear, when did you get home"? My mother greeted me with a hug.

"It was after 12, but I'm okay". I sighed heavily.

My dad got up from the table. "Did he hurt you Brooklyn"?

I started crying and put my head down. I felt arms wrap around me which made me sob.

"If he did hit you, yo hoe ass deserve it". Bakari mugged.

"Stop, that's your sister"! Amari yelled at him.

"Don't get mad at him cause she wanna open her legs for everybody". Khalil rolled his eyes.

"How? She only slept with one person Khalil". Jay shook his head.

"How you know that"? Aaliyah butted in.

I continued crying, feeling so alone. My dad held me in his arms softly. Everyone was always against me. I didn't even do anything. Khalil started all of this mess.

"Why are you letting them talk to you like this Brooklyn? Do something"! Amari stood up.

"Sit the fuck down bitch". Aaliyah rolled her eyes.

Amari quickly reached across the table and slapped her. I stopped crying and everybody went quiet. Liyah jumped up and they both started swinging.

"Pregnant bitch brawl"! Khalil yelled excitedly.

Bakari grabbed Amari before she could do any more damage. My mother grabbed Aaliyah.

"What the hell is all this nonsense about"! My father yelled angrily.

The room was quiet and I put my head down. Jay shook his head and stood up. He's always the one to explain.

"Well" he started. "Everyone is mad at Brooklyn. There's no legitimate reason, but they are. Most don't like her new boyfriend, Kashari Jacobs. Personally, he hasn't did anything to anyone except Bakari. They got to fighting two months ago over B. Well, yesterday Khalil dropped the bomb that Brooklyn had lost her virginity. Bakari didn't take it well, neither is Khalil. No matter how much he says he doesn't care, he does".

Khalil mugged. "I don't"!

"Yes you do"! Jay sighed. "On the other hand, they're mad over something petty. Well, it seems that Aaliyah was sleeping with Kashari first, but Brooklyn took her man I guess. Now, Aaliyah is with child, and she claims the baby is Kashari's. Amari never liked Aaliyah, and Kari just had mental issues. He's protective over his sister, we understand. The only problem is, he can't baby her. They're the same age, she's not a baby. She knows right from wrong. It's best that y'all cut her some slack because she's a sweet person. She had a good heart and everyone in this room knows that. Including you Khalil, I think your words hurt her most of all".