26.

Brooklyn
Thursday, March 3

"Brooklyn, stop". Kashari mugged as I danced.

"Come on Kashari, turn the song up".

He laughed and turned it up. I started dancing, trying so hard not to laugh.

"I recorded yo lil dumbass". Kashari grinned.

I laughed and walked into my bedroom. I grabbed my phone and dialed my mama number.

"Hello"? She answered.

"Hi Mommy"! I yelled excitedly.

"Hey Brookie"! She mocked.

"What are you doing, and is Dad okay"? I asked biting my my cheek.

"He's fine baby, the still haven't found the guy who shot him. They looking for some boy though. They claim he had something to do with it. He got blue eyes and that tattoo your father told y'all bout".

I shook my head. "I hope they find him, cause that was wrong. I'm glad daddy okay though".

"Me too. Listen, tell your brother to call me. Cause he keep declining my calls since I didn't make him a bowl of chili". She sighed.

I bursted out laughing. "Yes ma'am, I love you".

"I love you too, bye sweetheart".

"Bye".

I hung up the phone and went back into the kitchen. Once again, Kashari wasn't in there. I rolled my eyes going over to Cameryn room. I opened the door and he was in there again. I just closed the door and walked away.

I don't know why it was hurting me so bad. I just don't like that he's messing around with her. I sighed deeply, leaving the dorm. I made sure I slammed the door. I walked down the hallway trying to clear my head.

"Ayo, Brooklyn? Isn't it"?

I turned around to see Justin, the boy I met yesterday. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey, Justin. Right"? I grinned.

"Yeah, so where you headed? You looking pretty lonely". He chuckled.

"I am, my best friend is emotional. My brother is angry, and well yeah, my ex is doing way too much". I sighed.

"Your ex? Talking bout the nigga you was with yesterday"?

I nodded. "Yeah, Kashari Jacobs. You know him"?

"Nah, but I heard of him. The nigga who breaks hearts and knocks up girls. Then steals people bitches along with his best friend Carlos Witter". He shook his head.

"Carlos Witter? Who's that"? I asked confused.

"Well, Carlos used to go here last year. He's older than us, well you. How old are you matter of fact"? He chuckled.

"I'm eighteen. And you are"?

"19, but anyway like I was saying. Carlos is 20 now, but him and Kashari best friends. I'm surprised you don't know about him. They were like two damn fools who were inseparable". He laughed.

"I didn't wanna believe he was that guy, but I am slowly". I sighed.

"Look, enough about him. Let's go get to know each other, my treat". He smiled.