5.

Brooklyn

It was 7:56am, Monday morning. I had just got through eating breakfast and I was on my way to class. Malaysia and Tasha took evening classes. Cameryn took night classes, when she wanted to. She can flunk college, I hope she's knows.

I grabbed my keys sticking them in my purse. I walked out the room and down the hallway. It was a couple of people in the halls talking. I took the stairs making it in the lobby. You'd think we're staying at a hotel.

I walked out the building and down to the other building. I wanted to finish my classes and get some rest. Bakari didn't text me back last night, which made me panick. I hate that I have anxiety issues. Sometimes I can't pull myself together.

I walked into the building going to my classroom. I walked to see I was the only one in. I went and took a seat in the front. It was kinda strange that I was so early. The professor wasn't even here yet.

Bakari

I walked down the hallway with Kashari

I walked down the hallway with Kashari. He cool or whatever. I mean he the only one who actually hung out with me. We've been talking for a bit. I mean, we share a dorm together.

My phone dinged making me sigh. I hope it ain't Brooklyn. I really don't wanna talk to her ass.

Pebbles💞
Bakari Camai Hemmings! Why won't you text me
back? 😷

"Who you talking to? Yo girl". Kashari asked as we turned the corner.

I shook my head, "nah, my twin sister Brooklyn".

"You gotta twin? Damn, what she look like"? He asked.

"My motherfucking fist. Don't bother her, she shy anyway". I growled.

"My dad, but talk to me like that again and we fighting". He laughed.

"Bet". I cracked a smiled.

We walked in the building and went down the hallway.

"Aight, I'ma head to class bro". I said dapping him up.

"Bet, I'll go when I feel like it". He laughed going the opposite direction.

Brooklyn

I listened closely as the professor explain the art of science. Since it was a first semester, he said he wanted to do a review. I knew everything he was saying, but I still listened. The door bursted open making the boy who used my phone come in. What's his name again? Kiari? Kamari?

There was lot of empty seats.  I was the only who sat on the front row. Others sat towards the middle all huddled up. I didn't mind though, I work better alone. That was until the same came and took a seat next to me.

"Wassup". He said looking me up and down.

"Hi". I mumbled, feeling uncomfortable.

"I'm Kashari, now give me a pencil". He said reaching his hand out.

"That's not how you ask". I said handing it to him anyway.

"ThAts NoT HOw YoU aSk, face ass". He said turning around using pencil.

I felt extremely embarrassed and sad. He didn't have to talk to me that way. All he had on do was ask correctly. He honestly doesn't have anything home training. I don't associate myself with people that's disrespectful.

"Aye, you bout to cry"? He asked trying not to laugh.

I looked up and touched my face. I was indeed crying. I was so embarrassed.

"I'm okay". I said looking away.

"I didn't ask all of that, what's your name"? He said chewing on the pencil I gave him.

"Brooklyn Hemmings". I sniffled wiping my face.

His facial expressions changed. Like he saw a whole different person. He locked his head to the side. Then he touched my hair. Then he looked in my eyes.

"You Bakari twin sister? Right"? He asked.

"Yeah". I nodded.

"Cool, yo ain't that bad. I though you'd be thicker". He shrugged turning around.

I just wiped my tears staring back at the professor. I still can't believe he made me cry. Actually, everything makes me cry.

~~~~~~~~

I walked out the classroom and down the hallway. I had my head down, so when Aaliyah grabbed me I jumped.

"Hey bitch". Liyah said hugging me.

"Hey". I mumbled softly.

"What's the matter? Is somebody–Kashari! Kashari come here"! Aaliyah called him over making him come walking towards us.

"My lil baby, what's up". Kashari said throwing his arm around her.

"Nothing, but I was gonna see if you going to the party tonight". She asked.

Party? It's a Monday...

"You already know, but its only if you invited. So, I know you coming, and bring yo plus one". He nodded over to me.

Aaliyah looked back at me, "Cool, we'll be there".

He nodded and squeezed her booty before walking away. She came back over to me blushing.

"Girl that boy there is–woo! Girl last night was the best I've ever gotten". She said fake fanning herself.

"Aaliyah! I know you didn't sleep with him! It was a Sunday, that's God day"! I semi yelled.

"I'm sorry Brooke. He was just so persuasive. I fell for his sexy ass voice and body and big dic–"

"Too much information Aaliyah". I shook my head.

"Well come on, were going to the mall. We gotta find you something to where to the party".

I just followed her, she know I don't do parties. But it is college, and I should at least try out one.

~~~~~~