31.

Brooklyn
Sheraton Cresent Hotel

"Mommy, I said some horrible things, I even fought the girl". I cried over FaceTime.

"Brooklyn, you know better than that. You know we don't let people get the best of us". She sighed.

"I know, it's been killing me. I tried calling Kashari and apologizing, but he sent me to voicemail". I sobbed.

"Sweetheart look at me". I looked at the camera and wiped my face. "You are gonna be okay. If he really wants you, then he'd call you. He text you back and he'd try to get you back okay".

"Okay Mom". I nodded rapidly.

"Didn't you say you had to babysit at eight? It's six forty five sweetie. Get up and get yourself together". She smiled.

"Yes ma'am, I love you. Tell Daddy I love him and my twin". I sniffled.

"We love you too, and okay. Bye".

Our call disconnected and pressed play on John Legend. I grabbed my box of Kleenex still sobbing. I feel so bad.

Kashari

"You talked to her yet"?

I shook my head. "Nah, she called me and texted me several times though".

Carlos laughed. "That bitch is crazy over you. But you crazy over her ass too".

I frowned. "Why you say that shit? I ain't crazy over no bitch".

He got up from his chair and walked closer to me. I backed up, because he seemed gay as hell. I ain't with that shit.

"Nigga calm down. I ain't gay, don't play me out like that. But seriously though, when have you ever fought over a bitch"?

I thought about it, and he was right. I never fought over a girl. Brooklyn is kinda different from them other hoes though. Its hard for me to open up with her. I just ain't got time for all the questions and shit.

"Man it's just– I don't know. It's like I want her, but she be tripping. I think Kevin want her ass now though. That's why I beat his ass". I frowned.

"Well, you need to call her. And apologize for once in yo life. I swear you act just like Kiari". He shook his head.

"That's my brother nigga".

"Yeah, and y'all dumbass alike". He chuckled.

"Whatever nigga, better be lucky I ain't got my strap". I grinned.

"Fuck yo strap, let's ball out".

Brooklyn
7:45, Hendrix Resident

I softly knocked on the door and patiently waited. Mrs. Hendrix opened the door and smiled.

"Hi, you must be Brooklyn. I'm Ashanti, Johnathan wife". She shook my hand.

"That's me, and it very nice to meet you". I smiled.

"Likewise dear".

We walked into the living room where this pretty little girl was sitting. She turned around and glared at me. Oh, um, I guess she's fiesty.