iv.

the following monday danced into their life like a tango

the following monday danced into their life like a tango. loud, wild, and slightly annoying.

"ughhh," max groaned as she shut off her alarm clock. "wake up," she said to the boy asleep on the floor.

"huh?" he asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

"i forgot we have school today," max said resentfully.

"that's usually what mondays are for," her boyfriend replied jokingly.

she leaned towards the edge of her bed and kicked his shoulder. "hey!" he yelled before climbing onto her bed.

"ahh!" she squealed as he began tickling her. "stop! hahaha nooooo!" she continued, not able to resist the giggles.

he finally complied and laid down beside her, still holding her close. she looked over at the beautiful boy in front of her.

"we'd better get ready for school," he said, interrupting her thoughts.

"do you have a change of clothes here?" max asked, because they had not planned on him staying the night.

"yeah. they're in your bottom drawer," he explained absentmindedly.

"wait..what?" she asked, laughing wildly. she raised her eyebrows at mike and he blushed.

"well last time this happened i was an hour late to school because i had to do laundry here! so i brought some clothes just in case," he said sheepishly.

"alright. go in the bathroom and change. don't come out before knocking!" she said as he closed the door behind him.