xiii.

mike look at his friends in complete shock

mike look at his friends in complete shock. "good job man!" dustin cheered and punched him in the arm.

"you're needed on stage," will reminded quietly. mike looked at his girlfriend and she just shrugged.

he walked towards the stage and then up the stairs. mr. coleman placed a crown on his head and he stood next to jane.

she gave him a surprised grin, and he mouthed "plot twist" making her laugh and look back at the crowd.

"everyone give it up for your 1989 prom queen and king!" the students in the gym erupted into cheers once again.

mike and jane returned to the dance floor with their friends just as the music amped up.

"so, my queen, wanna dance?" dustin asked cheesily. jane grabbed his hand and they disappeared into the crowd of teenagers.

a few songs later, another boy approached what was left of the Party.

"h-hey, will? i dunno if you know me, but i sit in front of you in history..anyways. i was wondering, um, would you like to dance?"

will faced away from the boy and mouthed a "that's daniel!" to lucas and mike.

they'd never met daniel, but they knew will had a crush on him. the small boy turned back around and put an arm over his new date.

they joined dustin and jane and danced amongst the other students.

"guess it's just us," lucas commented solemnly.