ix.

max opened her locker and found a skateboard wrapped up with a bow on it

max opened her locker and found a skateboard wrapped up with a bow on it. a wide smile spread across her face and she grabbed it and took it to lunch.

"okay, which one of you did this?" she asked cheerfully as she set the board on the table.

all her friends exchanged oblivious looks. "looks like you've got a secret admirer," dustin suggested, making jane "ooh!"

max peeked over at mike, who's eyes were coldly on the ground. he was worried that someone would come between them, and there was nothing he could do about it.

the redhead finally tore the paper off and found a message painted onto the board.

"max mayfield, the dike that rides a skateboard cause she thinks it's cool," she read aloud. mike's eyes widened as he heard it.

she promptly got out of her seat and walked over to troy.

"i have a boyfriend. maybe if you weren't so busy with yours, you'd know," she exclaimed before breaking the skateboard on the table and throwing the pieces at him.

all the students in the cafeteria "ooh"ed as she strutted away. she sat back down and her friends looked at her expectantly.

"what?" she asked obliviously. "who's the boyfriend?" jane exclaimed.

max quickly looked at mike before rolling her eyes. "i don't really. i made that up."