iii.

the weekend passed quickly

the weekend passed quickly. mike and max hung out for the duration of it, like always.

the party met up at the arcade one night, but other than that, they were all busy.

now it was monday, and they were sitting at their usual lunch table, catching up.

they had an added member, daniel, sitting with them. will was telling his friends how his new boyfriend had asked him out.

a short girl with curly blonde hair approached the table and directed herself to mike.

he was oblivious, and he continued eating his lunch until max forced a cough and nudged him with her elbow.

"what?" he asked, looked at the redhead. she nodded her head towards the girl and he looked over.

"hi. can we help you?" he asked. she blushed and looked down, placing her hands on the edge of the table.

"i'm jess. i sit beside you in history," she said, stepping closer to him. max shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"i was hoping you'd dance with me at prom, but i couldn't seem to find you."

max's face hardened more and more as jess continued speaking.

"i'm not so smooth with words..but uh. would you like to go on a date friday?" she asked with a lilt of hope in her voice.

mike looked at his tray of food and his girlfriend accidentally spit out her milk all over the party.