ii.

"where are lucas and will? i'm gonna go call them," jane said before leaving the room

"we weren't planning to hang out. we just thought we'd come over and see what you were up to.

so. whatcha been up to?" dustin teased with an eyebrow raised. he looked between the two teens and max's face went red.

"shut up," she replied with an embarrassed laugh.

"hey, no shade. i am fully aboard the madwheeler ship," dustin stated. mike raised an eyebrow. "madwheeler?"

the curly headed boy rolled his eyes. "madmax. mike wheeler. c'mon, dude."

"ohhh. i like it," mike said, turning to his girlfriend. "it's cute." he pecked her on the lips and she smiled.

"whoa! i don't need to see that," dustin exclaimed.

max slapped him on the arm. "shut it! jane doesn't know."

the brunette walked back into the room just in time to hear her name. "jane doesn't know what?"

"about the surprise i have for you. we gotta go, we'll hang out with will and lucas later," dustin covered.

"actually they can't come, will is with daniel" jane said as she made her eyebrows dance. "and lucas didn't answer."

"perfect. see ya!" dustin yelled as he walked out of the wheeler's house.

the front door shut and mike turned back to his girlfriend. "i love you."

"that was random. love you too," she replied before kissing him.