The Oddball Of Inkopolis

As the morning ticked by so did the number of inklings increase in Inkopolis Square. The sun now  blazing in the hot summer day.
    " Woo, this heat is killing me." Coral says while waving her hand like a fan.
  Kai a little confused asks Coral " What are you doing with your hand?"
   " Oh, this is just a gesture for when it's hot." Coral explains. " Is there any heat in Octo Canyon?" She then asks Kai.
  " I don't remember but  from what I read is that test subject Octarians mostly just spent their time in the research facilities without going  outside too much." Kai responds.
" Life as an Octoling in  Deep Sea Metro really blinded me of the aspects of the real world outside, especially since I lost my memory after our fight." He says.

   " Wow, you should just be a poet or writer." Coral tells Kai and then she grabs his hand to go get a bite at the Crust Bucket.
  " H-hey wait!!" Kai yelps from Coral's sudden action.
  The two arrive shortly at the Crust Bucket and Coral and Kai decide that they both want a deep-fried shwaffle.

  " Hey Coral, welcome back to the one and only Crust Bucket. So what item will I hook you up with today?" Crusty Sean says.
  " Uhhh, could I get two deep-fried shwaffles?" Coral asks.
      " Sure, sure. I see that you brought your..uhh..friend-or uhh..boyfriend?" Crusty Sean says while smirking.
  Kai not paying attention from the beginning then perks up with a flustered face," H-huh?"
  " W-what?! Nah,  he's just a friend hah..ha." Coral nervously laughs while rubbing her arm.
  " Sure, sure. That's what they all say!" Crusty Sean says.

5 minutes later...
" Well here are two deep-friend shwaffles, enjoy as always." He says and then winks.
  "Uhh, T-thanks?" Kai says while reaching out for the food.

    While sitting at a nearby table eating their meal, inklings would occasionally give the two weird looks or even death glares.
  " Um, this feels kind of awkward..being stared at you know?" Kai says as he finishes wiping a napkin on his mouth.
" Yeah..well, I guess we should start shopping for some of your stuff now." Coral says and she gets up to throw away the wrappers that held the food.

   The two then head to Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe.
The mechanical sliding door opens as they walk inside. Jelfonzo seemed to be absent from the check out counter so he was most likely in the back storage room.
  " Let's see what we could get you, hmmm." Coral says as she looks at the clothing that Jelfonzo's store offered.
  " Ooh varsity  jacket-no a bit too expensive, mountain vest? No, reminds me of  the 13,980's era." Coral says as she fumbles around the various clothes while Kai curiously watches.
   They end up picking  a few t-shirts from the Cuttlegear and SquidForce brands as well as a Custom painted F-3, Negative Longcuff sweater, and a Annaki Flannel Hoodie which Kai decided to wear once they buy it.

   Jelfonzo is already behind the check out counter when they walk to it.
  " How dost thou, cousin?" Jelfonzo says and takes note of Kai who stands next to Coral.
" Oh? and the lady hast hath brought h'r boyfriend?

( Translation: " How do you do, friend?"
" Oh? And she has brought her boyfriend?" )

"Uhhhh,  no. This is Kai, he's my friend Jelfonzo." Coral says with a bit annoyed tone while putting the clothes  on the counter to be purchased.
"Yikes.  I'd keepeth an eye on that gent mine own cousin." Jelfonzo says as he scans each item.

( Translation: " Yikes. I'd keep an eye on him my friend." )

  Coral rolls her eyes and Kai just stares at Jelfonzo with a puzzled face  but keeps his thoughts to himself.
Once Coral purchased the items for Kai she waited for him to put on his new Flannel hoodie in the dressing room and then they headed out to go buy more stuff for him.

"Hey Agent- I mean Coral, why does Jelfonzo speak like Shakespeare?" Kai asks Coral as they head to another store.
  " Who's Shakespeare?" Coral replies confused.
" O-oh this human poet, Jelfonzo speaks like him. I remembered because I would study history of the dominant species before us in the Deep Sea Metro when I was bored." Kai says.
" Eh, I don't know." Coral shrugs.

  After a few hours they buy more stuff such as Pilot goggles as Kai's headgear, supplies for the apartment, and the list goes on. Their last stop was to Sheldon's place, The Ammo Knights store. Coral suggested that Kai should get a weapon at Ammo Knights because he'll eventually want to participate in Turf wars and such.

     " Hello, hello welcome to Am- W-WHAT'S AN OCTOLING DOING HERE?!" Sheldon nearly screeches five octaves higher.
" Relax, relax this is my friend Kai. He's not gonna do anything to you, haven't you watched Off The Hook today?" Coral says trying to calm down Sheldon.
  " O-oh right, umm well what would ya like. Um octo guy..." Sheldon says.
  Kai immediately spots the item that stood out to the other ones.
  " Wow, I think I'll go with this one." Kai says pointing at the Inkbrush Nouvea.
"Ah, now, the Inkbrush Nouveau here offers the same stats as the Inkbrush but offers quite a different experience!" Sheldon says a bit surprised by Kai's choice. Sheldon then discusses the abilities and benefits of the Inkbrush Nouvea and talks for a long time.
  Kai listens to Sheldon with interest as Coral rolls her eyes and smiles at the two who have engaged in a conversation about ink brushes.

After that they head back to the apartment.
The two decide to watch some tv shows and then eat some dinner that was prepared by Coral and call it a day.
  As Coral walks to her bedroom Kai stops her in her tracks and says a bit shy "H-hey, um..thanks for everything. I really appreciate it. I mean you bought me stuff and you know, let me stay at your place and- you get the point."
  Coral smiles. " It's really no big deal, after all I'm kind of the reason you lost your memory and all..after the fight..but-never mind that. The important thing is that your not with the Octarians now." She says.
   The two say goodnight and head to where they sleep.

Authors note: is this story boring? Pls comment I need to really know what you guys think. Also 4rth of July approaches soon so I might make an Inkling Independence Day chapter or something related to that..