Mission 03: Interrogation

Marie gathered all the information she could find about the gang. Apparently they are a group of members who established themselves in the stations of downtown Inkopolis. They are made up of Inklings who had no choice or path to go in life.           
        From what Marie had found  about their connections between Octavio were so very little information, all she could retrieve were from records that Octavio had sold a few elite weapons to the gang members ( in which they were eventually taken into custody, along with their weapons). So, the rest of information that were to be acquired would be the work of the three Agents.

They walked along the cold cobblestone floors of the streets above. It was midnight, and the cold air pressed against their skin as the three Agents made their way to Downtown Inkopolis station. It had just rained so the air smelled of fresh rain whilst also mixing with the smoky air of the cigarette buds that made up the town's atmosphere.

Yes, they were in the bad part of town right now but none of the bystanders that they passed even bothered to pick a fight with them. Their weapons were quite intimidating to them and most of the Inklings they passed by were homeless.

" You guys ever been to this part of town?" Agent 4 questioned as they turned a corner, " not counting the Downtown Inkopolis Station."

Kai shook his head, " Nope, I've only moved to Inkopolis a few months back like you. Coral has shown me a lot of the city but— never this area..for reasons."

Coral coughed and then spoke up, " I've been here for a few times, for missions only though. It's sad really, seeing that most of the streets are filled with different homeless species ..not only Inklings."

"Yeah..," Agent 4 sighed, and immediately noticed that Agent 8 and Agent 3 we're very near each other, almost huddled together.
His curiosity rose, but he figured that staying quiet about it would be best since they were not here to discuss whether or not the two were dating yet.

The appearance of more street lights came to their attention as they approached a stairwell that led down into the subway station. The three carefully made their way down the stairs since they were prone to the risk of slipping on the wet tiles from the rain.

Agent 4 immediately pinched his nose, " Yeck! It's really musty down here."

Kai agreed, " Yeah..this place hasn't been kept under the best conditions."

Coral grew wary from the agitation of the quietness of the station as the three went further into the station. The station had very little lighting, so the accompany of flashlights would be needed.
At this point, anyone can be watching them from the shadows. They would just have to keep their guard on.

   They traveled into a familiar tunnel where the shredded poster ads hung in devastation.
     Halfway through the tunnel, that familiar cold and slick voice echoed.

"Sheesh..can't I ever take a nice and quiet stroll through this damn place?"

Kai squinted his eyes into the darkness that enveloped the other side of the tunnel. He pointed his flashlight and it revealed he presence of the gang's leader.

    " I knew you folks would come back..and you brung a friend along I suppose?"

    " Yes..," Coral said quietly.

  " Well?!" the leader asked ferociously, " What do you folks want? All I'm gonna say  is I got nothin' to begin with, I'm just a poor young bloke who leads a gang," he chuckled.

   He stayed at the end of the tunnel, not approaching the three this time.

" We have questions," Agent 4 spoke carefully, " nothing will happen between the four of us if you are willing to compromise."

The leader stared back at the three, his sharp eyes glared out into the other side of the tunnel. It seemed as if he gave it a thought for a second but it was obvious that he immediately knew his answer already as his lip curled into a growl.
" Tch, you're wasting your time. I don't have anything for you three."

Coral snapped, " You don't? I'm sure you remember helping the Octarian forces on the behalf of Octavio's escape plan. You made a deal with him, did you not?"

The leader stared with bewilderment, " H-how did you..," he angrily clenched his fist, " You don't understand," and slowly but steadily, he took a step back and bolted off.

The three glanced at each other, confusion sprung across their face.
"Don't let him get away!" Kai cried out as he took off towards the direction that the leader went.

They turned many corners as they followed the sounds of heavy boots that pummeled the tile floors. The sound of desperation to get away.

     A tumbling sound screeched across the floors, followed by a low grunt.
   The three agents approached the stairs that they had entered from before. The leader was on the ground, he had slipped on the wet stairs and knocked himself out cold.

    " Is..he okay?" Kai asked.

  Coral slowly approached the man, she kneeled down onto one knee and examined his face as Agent 4 stood and watched out for enemies.

   Coral withdrew a sharp breath and sighed, " Yep..he passed out. Should I contact Marie for further instructions? Or..should we just bring him to the base?"

   " Well..the base is a secure and more safer place to interrogate someone. It's a wonder why we haven't ran into any of his friends," Agent 4 said.

    Kai paced the area back and forth whilst thinking, " Taking the metro back to base would be the best option then. That way, we would have less confusion or the risk of getting jumped if we were walking. We would be more vulnerable anyways since one of us would have to carry the leader."

    Coral agreed," You're right. We better hurry though because we have no clue where the other gang members are."

  Kai heaved the leader onto his back and they made their way to the boarding area. They were able to make it without any encounters and they waited for a few minutes until a train arrived.

Authors note:

I hope you guys had a happy thanksgiving ( if you live in North America ). Anyways, there is one or more chapter now that I'll be writing until I take a break.