Chapter Four:

I was watching where I was going as I walked down the hall. It was now Friday and I couldn't wait for the last bell to ring not only because I would be away from Gabe and his murderous glares. My brother is coming home tomorrow and I missed him. I haven't seen him in almost a month because he was to busy at college to come home. I looked both ways before crossing into another hallway. I didn't want to cause unnecessary attention for myself.

"Hope!" Someone screamed from behind me. My eyes widen hoping it wasn't someone who didn't like me. But from the sound of the voice and the over excitement in the voice I'm pretty sure it's Eliza. I turn and wait for my friend who was walking at a fast pace to catch up with me. I laughed when she was in front of me and looked like she was about to pass out.

"Hello, Eliza!" I said with a small chuckle.

"Hey, Hope! How are you today?" She said with a big smile on her face.

"I'm good Eliza thank you and you? How's  Elizabeth doing?" I asked worried about Elizabeth.

"She's doing a lot better. I think it's because she's on a mission. Ever since you came over the other day she's been more than eager to get better. But I'm fine thank you" She said with a small chuckle. Oh, Elizabeth! She must be mad at Gabe. The other day I went over Eliza's house after school because I didn't want to be alone and I was still kind of upset about Gabe. When I was sitting on Elizabeth's bed she noticed my foul mood and wouldn't stop pestering me to tell her what was wrong. So I did and she went ballistic, she didn't care that she was still sick or recovering from a sickness she got out of bed and started to say things I wouldn't wish to repeat and she started saying that she was going to hurt Gabe in ways only she could. That was until Eliza came back into the room and made Elizabeth get back in bed and rest. The rest of the night we watched movies but Elizabeth kept on mummering things she was going to do to Gabe when she saw him even I was scared for him and I didn't even like him.

The bell rang and we said our goodbyes since she had to go to class. I had a free period so I was going to the library and get caught up on the book I was reading. I was reading The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. It's about a girl named Cassie who has the ability to read people and know what they decided before they do themselves. She gets contacted by the FBI to join a group of people with abilities like her own and close some open cases normal people couldn't. During this time she learns more about what happened to her mother. The first book was really interesting and I can't wait to get my hands on the second one.

"Nerd!" Someone called from behind me. But it didn't take took long to figure out who was because no one calls me nerd other then Gabe and their no one around to save me. I'm going to have to save myself. I walked faster trying to get away from him but he was faster than me and caught up to me before I could really get anywhere.

"Gabe! How are you?" I asked not really caring. I was just looking for a way out of this conversation because any conversation with Gabe was a bad one well for me atleast. " Well, that's great but I really have to go meet up with some friends in the library." I walked around his body cautiously and headed towards the library. But I didn't get to far because I was furiously pushed up against the lockers.

"Not so fast nerd. We didn't get to have our fun yesterday and have to make up for our lost time." He growled.

Is it me or does this kid growl a lot?

"Why me?" I questioned weakly as tears fell down my face.

"Because you weak. I just so happen to pry on the week, like wolves prayer on the sheep." He said creepily. I tried to pry out of grip but he was too strong and like he said I was too weak. I didn't like feeling weak but for some reason every time he was around there was that feeling again. Crying out for help I pushed him off of me and ran down the hall. Luck just never was on my side because I didn't get very far before he caught up to me and I was in his grasp again. I groaned.